Thread: About date display in Epoch calendar Help

Thanks

Default About date display in Epoch calendar Help

Hi there,
    at the moment, I'm modifying/adding code on the Epoch calendar v.106 to use it on my website. And for that, I added a validating button that allows me to catch the date and put in in a form.

I succeeded in catching the date, but, though I changed the name of days and monthes, and changed the date format also(on line 802 of the 'epoch_classes.js' file), the displayed date (in an 'alert()' window for the test) is under the following form :

Thu Mar 20 2014 00:00:00 GMT+0100.

And what I want is something like, in french,

Jeudi 20 mars 2014, just that. Do you know how to do that ? Thanks,

Djeros
    Last edited by Djeros; 03-27-2014 at 08:23 PM. Reason: fault

Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 Times in 3,178 Posts
    Blog Entries

What you get in an alert() for a test might not be what you will see on the page when actually using the script.

If you want more help, please include a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

Also, if you want French - you can download the French version (if you haven't already):

http://www.epoch-calendar.com/javasc...wnload_fr.html
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Hi jscheuer1,
    and thanks for your response. Actually, I've already transformed the calendar in a french one ^^. I'm going to catch the selected dates in the form i prepared for, and if the date format is still problematic after that, i'll do what you've said, i mean, send the part of the code i've modified. See you soon

Thanks

Hi,
    well, i finally finded out how to display the date in a french format by using toLocalDate(). But several points are still annoying me ; for example, when i have several dates selected, when i dispaly it with the following code :

validSelected.onclick = function() { alert(this.owner.selectedDates.toLocaleString());};

i tried to separate the results with a space using join(' ') just after toLocaleString(), but it doesn't work, what is surprising because, if i use split(), it properly works and adds commas after each word. Do you know what's happening. Thanks to all for your help,

Djeros

Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 Times in 3,178 Posts
    Blog Entries

The result of the toLocaleString() method is a string. A string cannot be joined, it can be split though. Then it becomes an array, which if alerted or displayed is automatically type converted to a string with commas as the default delimiters being shown as a part of that string.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate