Thread: Help on guides to build medical site using php

Thanks

Default Help on guides to build medical site using php

clinical research plays a vital role in the process of bringing new treatments to patients and advancing clinical care.
    Clinical study. Clinical trial. Clinical protocol. They all mean the same thing--a scientific study of how a new medicine or treatment works in people.
    Through clinical studies, doctors find new and better ways to prevent, detect, diagnose, control, and treat illnesses.

In this context
    1: I need to build a web/mobile site that educate, engage, and empower participants enrolled in clinical studies.
    2: A site to improve patient education, communication, scheduling, medication adherence and more.

my question is ?

1: What are the factors i should have in mind while coding this
    2: Is there any site/ written project on php that i can make reference to

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mutago View Post
    In this context
    1: I need to build a web/mobile site that educate, engage, and empower participants enrolled in clinical studies.
    2: A site to improve patient education, communication, scheduling, medication adherence and more.

my question is ?

1: What are the factors i should have in mind while coding this
    2: Is there any site/ written project on php that i can make reference to
    That "context" is meaningless when it comes to coding. You need functional requirements in order to know what you need to "keep in mind." The points you quoted are high-level goals -much like a company's mission statement- and offer no real information as to what is expected of the site. Your clients need to discuss the project with you and develop specific, technical requirements as to what the site needs to do.
    Last edited by keyboard; 02-06-2014 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Fixed BBCode

Thanks

they wasn't any client. it was given on a general ground. We are told to source out the info on our self

this is what i have done so far.
    I have build a site where patients and doctors can register, they can meet each other via friend request, doctors and patients
    can send messages and chat with each other. They have a discussion forum where they meet and ask interactive question,

in absence of guidelines what else do i have to code to ensure that context no 1 and 2 above are achieved

Thank you

Thanks

it should contain this funtionality

Patient education
    Communication
    Scheduling
    Medication adherence
    Travel
    And more!

how do i proceed in the coding. I need hints
    Thank You

Thanks
    Blog Entries

To be honest, "in the absence of guidelines", you shouldn't be doing this.

You say there is "no client." Is this a school assignment?
    If so, I would hope that your instructor has provided all of the information/resources you will need, either with this assignment or based on previous assignments.
    Quote Originally Posted by mutago View Post
    it should contain this funtionality

Patient education
    Communication
    Scheduling
    Medication adherence
    Travel
    And more!
    Here too: these things aren't "functionality." They are vague ideas. What needs to be scheduled? how do they need to communicate? The reason you are having trouble figuring out what it is that these things actually mean is that they don't actually mean anything. This is like giving you the topic of an exam, but no actual questions.

Think about it: aside from being little more than idealistic catchphrases, "educating" and "empowering" people participating in clinical trials has nothing to do with web design/development. Developing a site where clinicians can share resources, set schedules, and have participants report on specific results/experiences would be, but you need functional goals in order to do so.

If the assignment excludes such measures, then it is basically up to the instructor's whim to pass or fail your project. I would be looking for a different class.

Thanks

This forum is meant for technical help, not very broad discussion of ideas for projects (although that may come up very rarely).

There are three parts of designing any coding project:
    1. The ideas. What does the program accomplish? Who uses it? Why? How?
    2. The structure. What operations are required, and under what circumstances do they occur? What patterns of input create what effects in the output?
    3. The actual code. Which language does it use? Which command is used to create a loop or show a message?

Generally speaking, we can help the most with (3). We may be able to help with very specific questions about (2) or (1), but those are often something you'll need to work out by yourself.

When a class asks you to do all of these tasks, you should be able to do them by yourself. It's usually fine to ask for help on very specific technical details ("What command does X?") but beyond that, we shouldn't be organizing your project for you.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum