Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is causing this?

Thanks

Apparently my last post didn't make it....
    http://opensalts.us/References/Catal...s-Belgium.html
    Here's the update I used. I am assuming that a img is used instead of a: img because it's referring to the a href image. I thought it was originally a typo that the colon was omitted. My fault.

Since the last two tables require the class of no borders, I removed the border="0" from each individual image link. I hope that's right...it seems to work. But I will not change my other pages until I hear it's correct. I thought it was redundant and I don't like the excess if there's no reason for it.

A couple years ago I thought about using the Dynamic Drive Expando script for the images but many images are larger than screen size and they need to stay that way for the detail. There are now .js files that need to be downloaded by me. I can follow the instructions to save these files but it doesn't say what to do with them after that. I surely don't know. Has DD ever considered adding an instruction page for novices like me? There are many places on my website I could use Expando but I don't know how.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 Times in 3,160 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think you're right that expando would not be a good fit for this even if it was easy for you to install. As you say, the images are too big for that. In fact, I cannot think of a single script that would be better than what you are doing now linking to the larger images. They're just too large to be handled well any other way.

To answer your other question, about the border="0" attribute, once you are using style to set the border, the attribute is no longer needed, and style will always override the attribute if the attribute is still there and is different than the style. So, yes, you can remove border="0" as long as you have the border (border-width) set to 0 (or whatever you actually want it to be) in style.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

DebiR (01-20-2014)

Thanks

Thank you John. Without your help I don't know if I would have ever found out what happened and how to fix it. Well, I'm off to begin the tedious process of changing all my pages because IE11 is making me!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 Times in 3,160 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you have a lot of similar pages, you can set the styles in an external stylesheet and link it to all of your pages. That way future style changes can be made for all of those pages from a single stylesheet.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate