Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you check my script for an error please.

Thanks

Default Can you check my script for an error please.

I have applied a script to my web page from here http://www.angelfire.com/nm/thehtmls...pdownmenu.html

Here is my web page in question http://www.theremotedoctor.co.uk/index.html

My problem is i have edited the code to allow the background to be red & the text to be black but i see no change once uploaded.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by theremotedr; 01-07-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks

I don't think that's actually a problem. The changing text color fits the next background and so forth.
    This is caused by several layers of code that are applied with CSS styles.

Based on what you've said in the other post, in order to address this you'll need to learn a bit more about how the code works. I'd recommend that. But for the moment, because it doesn't actually look bad (at least in my opinion), I think you can leave it.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

I have tried a few combinations for this script to work but struggling now.
    Here is the page in question http://www.theremotedoctor.co.uk/
    Make selection from the list and you are taken to the page in question.
    My problem is i cant get a code to work in order to change the colour of the text or background.
    I have managed to add a go button to a script which is a simple drop down box with a go button,make selection then hit go.
    I have managed to add background / text colour no problem and works fine.
    But i would like to use the script without the go button.
    Please can you take a look and advise what i need to do in order to get the colour.

If you wish to look at the code that has colour look here http://www.ianparsons.info/z.htm
    Many Thanks.
    The

Thanks

It's working fine for me.
    My problem is i cant get a code to work in order to change the colour of the text or background.
    What do you mean exactly? Form elements are not usually meant to be styled. They're forms. If you want something custom, you'd need to build a Javascript-based dropdown menu which would be more complicated. I think the current select input is fine.
    But there's plenty of info here on what you can do: https://www.google.com/search?q=select+css+styling

By the way, I think the addition of the new image at the top is good. It helps explain the website.
    Also: the logo in the top left now looks a little blurry to me-- see if you can fix that if you get a chance.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Logo now changed,didnt even notice it was Fuzzy.
    Last edited by theremotedr; 01-07-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks

Form has now been sorted.

Thanks

Logo now changed,didnt even notice it was Fuzzy.
    Better. But note the "R" (and text with it) as well. Not as bad as the logo, but I'd still suggest fixing it when you get a chance.

Form has now been sorted.
    Good

Thanks

I will look at the text now.
    If you could advise,on the form there is a scroller which highlites when you run up & down,can you advise the code so i could add to my css to change the colour.
    I was going to leave it but now you are here i thought i would ask.

Thanks

I'd have to search for that myself. I'm not too familiar with styling form elements. It's possible that (because that's a user interface property) some browsers might not allow you to change it. But you can probably search for "css select styling highlight" and see if there's some info. Or someone else might know here.
    For me (using Firefox) it's blue, which doesn't seem out of place for your theme.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to djr33 For This Useful Post:

theremotedr (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Daniel is right, though i recall him addressing this issue previously (directly to you):
    Quote Originally Posted by djr33 View Post
    What do you mean exactly? Form elements are not usually meant to be styled. They're forms. If you want something custom, you'd need to build a Javascript-based dropdown menu which would be more complicated. I think the current select input is fine.
    But there's plenty of info here on what you can do: https://www.google.com/search?q=select+css+styling
    You can't style the drop down part. If you really had an intense desire to, you could make a makeshift one with Javascript and do it that way, however that seems like overdoing it. In my opinion, it's better to leave native form elements intact anyway.
    Jeremy | jfein.net