Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merry Christmas!

Thanks

Happy holidays to everyone from me also.

(it's my 55th but I am not counting anymore-lol)
    Thanks,

Bud

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

- John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I think December 25th is not exactly the date were Jesus Christ was born, it is not stated the exact time in bible,
    In Bible it refers "And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night." ( Luke- 2:8)
    December is cold and rainy in Judea, it is likely on these month the shepherds sought shelter for flocks.That why December is stated as Christmas season..

So I think it is better to say Merry Christmas through out the month December, not only in December 25th.
    Moreover December 25th is prepared by man to get a single holiday in Christmas season, nothing more ....

My conclusion about some greetings that made some of our friends here in this thread...

Happy Holiday - It is better to say Happy holiday when we have office but when our workmate took a sick live...
    Happy Happiness - Christmas is a festival of Joy and Happiness, then it is true, but it would be nice when we make a greeting it should be with the name of the festival which is going on.

Whatever it is, God likes us to Merry not only at the time of Christmas but Every time through his son Jesus Christ..
    You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free (John 8:32)(The truth is about the only begotten son of GOD.....When you feel you are alone for facing your problems, God will never leave you by your own You are important for God

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Happy birthday Bud!

Ah yes, splendid Xmas day and Boxing Day (26th). My hands are aching from cooking (made 5 batches of pastry for various tarts, pies and quiches on Xmas eve, and I chopped veg for England yesterday morning) and my feet are killing me from being stood on a cold stone kitchen floor these last few days, but now I can sit with my feet up, its heaven. I think I can safely say that any intake of wine is purely medicinal
    Focus on Function Web Design
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps