Thread: MySQL/PHP help DreamWeaver CS6

Thanks

Question MySQL/PHP help DreamWeaver CS6

Quote Originally Posted by dravalanche View Post
    I am trying to build a form in schedule.php which adds data to the table schedule. In order to fill in some form fields, needs to be populated with information from another table (locations).
    What I want to do is have the "Location Name" field display as a drop-down menu, that is dynamically populated with all the entries in the "LocationName" field in the Locations table. After making the selection from the drop-down menu, I'd like to have the rest of the fields automatically populate with the information that corresponds to the selection the user makes.

...how do I get the dynamic drop-down menu populate the rest of the fields? I've tried experimenting with recordset queries with a filter based on the drop-down selection, but I couldn't get that to work (I think I may have been barking up the wrong tree, anyways).

...is there a way I can have the drop-down menu automatically populate the fields below upon users making their selection, or would I need to create a "Submit" button to perform that action?

...After creating the record to be added to the schedule table, should I be content with creating entirely new fields in the schedule table that is populated with data that already exists in the locations table, or is there a way I can link the two in the record I'm creating in the schedules table (thus, eliminating unnecessary redundancy)?
    Quote Originally Posted by dravalanche View Post
    Hey, Boogyman

After much hemming and hawing (and a lot of beer), I think I figured it out. It's not the perfect solution, but it's effective. Thank you very much for your suggestions, though! Guys like you keep innovative web development going!!

Cheers!
    @dravalanche:

Hi dravalanche, please could you kindly throw in some help on how you achieved your case years back. I am using CS6 with MySQL and PHP and my PHP skill is not worth it for now. I am building a project that has similar population like yours.

Your kind help is highly appreciated.

Prince Mike

Mod's note:

@PrinceMike, please don't post in very old threads. (Anything older than 6 months is generally considered "dead.") @dravalanche was active for only four days, in 2007. When you have a question of your own, start a new thread.

Please also give specifics about your situation, including any relevant code. In this case, a lot will depend on how your database schema is defined, as well.

You can read our general FAQ or the posting tips thread for more about the forums. Welcome to DynamicDrive!
    Last edited by traq; 01-19-2014 at 05:57 AM. Reason: paraphrased original question, mod's note