Thread: How to put moving news bar to my forum?

Thanks

Default How to put moving news bar to my forum?

Hi there

I want to put the moving news bar of this site (www.najrannews.com) on the header of my forum

Exactly as it is (size, speed, color, all..)

Anybody can help me?

Thanks
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 11-07-2013 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Format

Thanks
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 3,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

The first thing to do is to contact the owner(s) of the site to find out if it's OK with them for you to publish their content. If it is, they may have a service you can sign up for. If it's not OK with them, we cannot help you.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

My request is because of my friend's request (the owner of the site), they don't have such service or any idea how to do that

So, i did ask for help

There is some script or hack generated for that i don't know how to do it, if you can, i will be grateful.

thank you
    Last edited by Majoor; 11-07-2013 at 07:28 AM. Reason: adding the word - do

Thanks

Anybody there?

Thanks

I'm still waiting guys, i need your help!

Thanks

Have you done as John suggested?
    Thanks,

Bud

Thanks

How do you want to get this content? If you have permission, it will be much easier than trying to, for example, extract the content from an existing page and copying it into your page automatically. Why not just copy it directly, with permission, from the owner? For example, copy the original source code from his website. Or connect to his database, etc.

This will be much easier if both websites are cooperating with each other. If none of the most basic versions work, you can try to create a (simple) custom API. For example, ask your friend to create a new page with exactly the same code as the existing page, but without anything else on that page. Then just use a PHP include (or other similar method) to include that into your page.

In theory, you could attempt to get all of the source code of that page, then delete the irrelevant information, then somehow integrate the remaining part into your page. But that's going to be incredibly complicated. Start with the simple version: talk to your friend and decide what the easiest way is.

Options, from easiest to hardest:
    1. Get the information the same way on both websites. [for example, use the same database]
    2. Have your friend send the information to your site-- create a basic API. [for example, a page with no content except this]
    3. Parse the whole page and extract the information. [try to avoid this!]

At the moment, no one can really help you with this because it's completely unclear how you will be able to (or want to) do it. Once you have a clear idea you can ask us for more help.

Or you could post in the paid work requests section and give whoever you hire access to both websites.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Thumbs up Thanks indeed

Quote Originally Posted by djr33 View Post
    How do you want to get this content? If you have permission, it will be much easier than trying to, for example, extract the content from an existing page and copying it into your page automatically. Why not just copy it directly, with permission, from the owner? For example, copy the original source code from his website. Or connect to his database, etc.

This will be much easier if both websites are cooperating with each other. If none of the most basic versions work, you can try to create a (simple) custom API. For example, ask your friend to create a new page with exactly the same code as the existing page, but without anything else on that page. Then just use a PHP include (or other similar method) to include that into your page.

In theory, you could attempt to get all of the source code of that page, then delete the irrelevant information, then somehow integrate the remaining part into your page. But that's going to be incredibly complicated. Start with the simple version: talk to your friend and decide what the easiest way is.

Options, from easiest to hardest:
    1. Get the information the same way on both websites. [for example, use the same database]
    2. Have your friend send the information to your site-- create a basic API. [for example, a page with no content except this]
    3. Parse the whole page and extract the information. [try to avoid this!]

At the moment, no one can really help you with this because it's completely unclear how you will be able to (or want to) do it. Once you have a clear idea you can ask us for more help.

Or you could post in the paid work requests section and give whoever you hire access to both websites.
    That's exactly what i need to understand first

Thank you very much, i will check that, then i will see

Thanks

Can you try this code please...

Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1254">
    <title>New Page 1</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <div style="position:absolute; overflow:hidden; width:970px; height:33px;border:1px solid #999;">
    <IFRAME style="top:-232px;left:-412px;position:absolute" name="1" src="http://www.najrannews.com/" 
    width="1798" height="1700" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" ></IFRAME>
    <div><div align="right" style="position:absolute;bottom:0px;right:0px;z-index:5000;">
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

Thanks

An iframe is an easy answer, but probably not a very good answer. It won't look very professional, especially when it would then be possible to scroll without that area to see the rest of the other page.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum