Thread: Bug in WOW Slider transition

Default Bug in WOW Slider transition

Hi there,

I've often found Dynamic Drive particularly helpful whenever I had any kind of coding question related to the website I manage. Usually, I just search through the forum and find someone who has asked the question already. But this time, it seems, my question is a little too specific.

Some months ago, I took responsibility for the website of a small not-for-profit group that renovates and rents out a Swedish vacation home.

I have only a very basic experience with coding (primarily html), why I use WOW Slider (4.7) for slide shows. This works just fine on all my pages, except the front page. Here the transition effect ("basic linear" - which means the image just slides out when the next one slides in) does not work as intended:

While the image does slide from one side to the other, it also makes a small "jump" (seemingly just a couple of pixels) - this is not intended, it looks clumsy, and I would very much appreciate any help stopping this from happening.

This might, as far as I can tell, be either a javascript or a css coding problem (although I cannot rule out html).

Again, I don't have a whole lot of coding experience - so in advance: I'm sorry if I ask stupid/basic follow-up questions.

Here is the website:

Hope you can help.

Last edited by jscheuer1; 10-31-2013 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Format

Thanked 3,267 Times in 3,228 Posts
    Blog Entries

Try it without the first image. If that fixes it, crop 1 pixel from the top or bottom of the first image, it's 1px taller than the others.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

christianbarkholt (11-02-2013)

That fixed it. I can't believe I didn't even think about looking at the images myself.

Again, thanks for solving my problem.