Thread: SWF to HTML Converter

Thanks

Default SWF to HTML Converter

Hi All,

Can you please suggest any software or anything that converts SWF to HTML?
    I searched but

Thanks
    Kaushal

Thanks

Sorry.......forgot to say............that I want software or anything other than Google Swiffy
    because it only converts SWF which is upto 1MB where as my SWF is of 3MB

Thanks
    Kaushal

Thanks

They're simply incompatible. It's possible that some SWFs would contain graphics that can easily be converted. But in most cases, the entire purpose for a SWF is because it is something you can't do in just HTML.

I would, generally speaking, suggest a screen capture.

Edit: Hmm... Google Swiffy looks cool. I suppose maybe more of this is possible than I imagined. But I still don't think everything can be converted. I'd guess that might be part of the reason behind the 1mb limit.

Edit 2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Swiffy
    It does say there that it supports a subset of functionality. So depending on what you need to convert, it might work.
    That page also mentions "Wallaby", which works with a FLA project file-- that's what I'd look into if I were you.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Thanks Denial

Me also thinking to compress my swf & then to try swiffy so me looking for that also

Any ways here is the link 118.127.41.79/~gbarrett/index.php (the top banner that is swf)

Thank you again Denial for your help

Thanks
    Kaushal

Thanks

Well, there would be an easy workaround, I believe: create extremely compressed (and ugly) versions of the images and embed those in the SWF. Then convert the SWF with Swiffy. Then in the HTML5 version, simply replace the bad images with better ones. (By the way, 3mb is actually a large filesize for that graphic-- it took a few more seconds to load on my computer than seemed reasonable for just the top banner on a website. Maybe you can compress it anyway and have it still look somewhat decent.)

Whether it will convert well, I don't know. But you can certainly try it. The question is how those boxes will convert. If Swiffy can do that, great. If not, I don't know what to suggest.

In general, I don't see the point in converting from SWF to HTML-- unless you need to do this very often (and why would you? except perhaps updating old sites?), then you could just do it manually.

In fact, duplicating that in HTML seems relatively easy:
    1. An image slideshow with a fade. Easy.
    2. As needed, some kind of box images with animation, if you really want that.

I'm sure you could make something that at least roughly approximates this using Javascript. If you need it to be perfect, I don't know.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Thanks Daniel

Yes I am trying it to optimize with this one swfcompress.com & then to give in swiffy. Yes as you assume, same thing me also assuming.........that quality will definitely be very bad. But as you suggest I am going to try & yes Daniel, I will also let you know what I did so to just share the information

Thank you Daniel for your help & suggestion

Thanks
    Kaushal

chertsey, a small town 25 miles south west of london, england.
    Thanks

Hi the kaushal3,

check out the this attachment....

...which may suit your requirements.

I used this program to extract the required stuff...

Sothink SWF Decompiler

I was unable to provide a link as the profanity filter found something, I know not what, in the address.

coothead
    Last edited by coothead; 10-13-2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: profanity filter problem!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

This thread is becoming a bit of a spam magnet so I'm closing it.

If you need to need further help, could you please start a new thread and refer back to this one with a link.
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Beverleyh For This Useful Post:

coothead (10-19-2013)