Thread: DD's Smooth Navigational Menu ( v2.1 ) :: Can't get external file to load.

Thanks

Default DD's Smooth Navigational Menu ( v2.1 ) :: Can't get external file to load.

1) Script Title :: Smooth Navigational Menu (v2.1)

2) Script URL :: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...smoothmenu.htm

3) Describe problem ::
    First off, I want to thank DD for this script. It's slick, clean, and easy to understand...that it...until I get to the external file containing the data. With anticipated ( and multitude of ) changes to the menu on the eventual website, I really like the idea of one external file for periodic updating site-wide. ( That was another reason for choosing this script. )

Secondly, you should be warned that I am NOT a programmer of any merit. So, your indulgence with my strange questions and lack of knowledge is appreciated.

And finally, I do not have a url to point you to the working-problem as I am only just putting together templates for the site at this time.

Here's my quandary....
    I have to be missing something when it comes to the instructions for creating and recalling the external file to call the menu. ( Actually, I know I'm missing something because, as I said before, I'm not a programmer of any kind. )

See section titled ( nearest the page bottom )
    Putting the Menu contents in an external file and fetched using Ajax
    My external file - with the menu items/links - is called navi.htm and resides in the same folder as all the other required files ( css, js ). Yet, when I edit the ( head ) ddsmoothmenu.init contentsource I cannot get the external file to load.

The div created on the template page is called "smoothmenucontainer".
    The external file is navi.htm

Would someone be good enough to ( s l o w l y ) walk me through the process?
    I know I'm not giving you enough information, but rest assured that I am monitoring this post closely, and will respond as quickly as possible.

TIA
    vgs

Thanks

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

This will help get your answers more quickly.
    Thanks,

Bud

Thanks

Bud,
    Thank you for your reply. As I stated in my message, I do not have a site to point to at this time. I'm only building the page template locally.

BUT!
    I did find the information that I was looking for on another post, and I no longer need assistance. ( It WAS my stupidity. ) And, it seems that the script is working just as I had hoped.

But again...thank you for trying to assist.
    vgs