Thread: DD Accordion Menu second level not working clickgo

Thanks

Default DD Accordion Menu second level not working clickgo

1) Script Title: DD Accordion Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...enu-bullet.htm

3) Describe problem:
    Hi.
    I've made up my menu starting from the second example, the one with the bullets. Here is my test page: http://www.webdesignbucuresti.com/test2/test.html
    If you click on Activity, it will load Activity.html - that's great.
    If you then click on Auctions, it will load Auctions.html - that's great.
    Now if you click on Your Auctions, instead of loading Your Auctions page, it collapses the submenu. I have been struggling for hours with this, I can not seem to find a solution. Please help, I really like this script. You can check the code on the page.

Also, one more thing I was wondering, could it be possible to only open/collapse the menu when the user clicks on the image (plus/minus), and to click and go when the user clicks on the link?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That isn't happening for me, on mine it's working fine
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

well you can check the page source, I basically didn't change anything from the example.
    Here is the code from auctions.html:
    Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en">

<head>

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="ddaccordion.js">

/***********************************************
    * Accordion Content script- (c) Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (www.dynamicdrive.com)
    * Visit http://www.dynamicDrive.com for hundreds of DHTML scripts
    * This notice must stay intact for legal use
    ***********************************************/

</script>

<script type="text/javascript">

ddaccordion.init({ //top level headers initialization
    	headerclass: "expandable", //Shared CSS class name of headers group that are expandable
    	contentclass: "categoryitems", //Shared CSS class name of contents group
    	revealtype: "clickgo", //Reveal content when user clicks or onmouseover the header? Valid value: "click", "clickgo", or "mouseover"
    	mouseoverdelay: 200, //if revealtype="mouseover", set delay in milliseconds before header expands onMouseover
    	collapseprev: true, //Collapse previous content (so only one open at any time)? true/false 
    	defaultexpanded: [0], //index of content(s) open by default [index1, index2, etc]. [] denotes no content
    	onemustopen: false, //Specify whether at least one header should be open always (so never all headers closed)
    	animatedefault: false, //Should contents open by default be animated into view?
    	persiststate: false, //persist state of opened contents within browser session?
    	toggleclass: ["active1", "active2"], //Two CSS classes to be applied to the header when it's collapsed and expanded, respectively ["class1", "class2"]
    	togglehtml: ["prefix", "", ""], //Additional HTML added to the header when it's collapsed and expanded, respectively  ["position", "html1", "html2"] (see docs)
    	animatespeed: "fast", //speed of animation: integer in milliseconds (ie: 200), or keywords "fast", "normal", or "slow"
    	oninit:function(headers, expandedindices){ //custom code to run when headers have initalized
    		//do nothing
    	},
    	onopenclose:function(header, index, state, isuseractivated){ //custom code to run whenever a header is opened or closed
    		//do nothing
    	}
    })

ddaccordion.init({ //2nd level headers initialization
    	headerclass: "subexpandable", //Shared CSS class name of sub headers group that are expandable
    	contentclass: "subcategoryitems", //Shared CSS class name of sub contents group
    	revealtype: "clickgo", //Reveal content when user clicks or onmouseover the header? Valid value: "click" or "mouseover
    	mouseoverdelay: 200, //if revealtype="mouseover", set delay in milliseconds before header expands onMouseover
    	collapseprev: true, //Collapse previous content (so only one open at any time)? true/false 
    	defaultexpanded: [0], //index of content(s) open by default [index1, index2, etc]. [] denotes no content
    	onemustopen: false, //Specify whether at least one header should be open always (so never all headers closed)
    	persiststate: false, //persist state of opened contents within browser session?
    	toggleclass: ["active1", "active2"], //Two CSS classes to be applied to the header when it's collapsed and expanded, respectively ["class1", "class2"]
    	togglehtml: ["none", "", ""], //Additional HTML added to the header when it's collapsed and expanded, respectively  ["position", "html1", "html2"] (see docs)
    	animatespeed: "fast", //speed of animation: integer in milliseconds (ie: 200), or keywords "fast", "normal", or "slow"
    	oninit:function(headers, expandedindices){ //custom code to run when headers have initalized
    		//do nothing
    	},
    	onopenclose:function(header, index, state, isuseractivated){ //custom code to run whenever a header is opened or closed
    		//do nothing
    	}
    })

</script>

<style type="text/css">
    ul, li {
    list-style:none;
    }
    .active1{
    padding:7px 3px 4px 20px; 
    background: url('plus.png') 0 6px no-repeat !important;
    text-align:left;
    }
    .active2{
    padding:7px 3px 4px 20px; 
    background: url('minus.png') 0 6px no-repeat !important;
    text-align:left;
    }
    </style>

<body>
    <ul class="sub-nav-admin">
    									<li class="menuheader"><a href="dashboard.php">Dashboard</a></li>
    									<li class="menuheader expandable" ><a href="activity.html">Activity</a></li>
    										<div class="categoryitems">
    											<ul>
    												<li><a href="post_offer.php">Post offer</a></li>
    												<li><a href="your_offers.php">Your offers</a></li>
    											</ul>

<br/>

<ul>
    												<li><a href="post_request.php" >Post request</a></li>
    												<li><a href="your_requests.php" >Your requests</a></li>
    											</ul>

<br/>

<ul>
    												<li><a href="post_auction.php">Post auction</a></li>
    												<li class="subexpandable"><a href="auctions.html">Auctions</a>
    													<ul class="subcategoryitems">
    														<li><a href="your_auctions.html">Your auctions</a></li>
    														<li><a href="your_bids.php">Your bids</a></li>
    													</ul>
    												</li>
    											</ul>

<br/>

<ul>
    												<li><a href="bookmarks.php">Bookmarks</a></li>
    												<li><a href="reviews.php">Reviews</a></li>
    											</ul>
    											<br/>
    										</div>

<li class="menuheader expandable" ><a href="messages.php">Messages</a></li>
    										<div class="categoryitems">
    											<ul>
    												<li><a href="inbox.php" >Inbox <span style="color:#ff0000;">(42)</span></li>
    												<li><a href="sent.php" >Sent (7)</a></li>
    												<li><a href="draft.php">Draft (3)</a></li>
    											</ul>
    											<br/>
    										</div>
    									</li>

<li class="menuheader"><a href="profile_settings.php" >Profile settings</a></li>
    									<li class="menuheader"><a href="logout.php">Logout</a></li>
    								</ul>

</body>
    </html>
    It's really strange...

Thanks

All I added was clickgo

Thanks
    Blog Entries

2 questions, what brower are you using, and was it working with either click or hover rather than clickgo?
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

1. You can use any browser. I tested this on 2-3 computers. Just open http://www.webdesignbucuresti.com/test2/test.html and do all the steps I described, or go directly to http://www.webdesignbucuresti.com/test2/auctions.html and try to click on "Your auctions". You an see that it's not going to your_auctions.html and instead, it's collapsing the submenu.
    2. I'm not sure what you mean. I am using clickgo option, you can check page source. It's not working on level 2.

Thanks

After some though, I believe there is a problem (bug) with the script itself. I was wondering if the admins would include and solve this issue in the next update of the script.

Thanks

Default DD Accordion Menu Sub Expander Problem

I have solved this problem.

http://diogenes1.fhda.edu/kanda/testmenu2.html

PROBLEM:
    Sub pages of the Men's or Women's Program (which are subpages themselves): e.g. ATHLETICS HOME > Men's Programs > Basketball > Coach's Corner
    When you clicked on Coach's Corner, collapsed menue up instead of going to the intended pages.

<h3 class="menuheader expandable"><span class="smallarrow">▼</span> Men's Programs</h3>
    <ul class="categoryitems">
    <li class="menuheader subexpandable"> <span class="smallarrow">▼</span>Basketball
    <ul class="subcategoryitems">
    <li><a href="../ath/basketballm/coach.php">Coach's Corner</a></li>
    <li><a href="basketballm/assistant.php">Assistant Coaches</a></li>
    <li><a href="basketballm/roster.php">Players' Roster</a></li>
    <li><a href="basketballm/schedule.php">Schedule &amp; Results</a></li>
    <li><a href="basketballm/recruit.php">Recruiting</a></li>
    <li><a href="basketballm/former.php">Former Players</a></li>
    </ul>
    </li> . . .

. . . <li>football, soccer, swimming, tennis . . . </ul>
    </li>
    </ul>
    <!-- END MEN'S PROGRAMS -->
    SOLUTION:
    Added this line of code to the subexpandable part of the ddaccordion.init script

revealtype: "mouseover", //NECESSARY PIECE FOR SUBCATEGORIES! Reveal content when user clicks or onmouseover the header? Valid value: "click", "clickgo", or "mouseover"

Here is the entire script that goes in the head of the menu html:

<script type="text/javascript">
    ddaccordion.init({
    headerclass: "expandable", //Shared CSS class name of headers group that are expandable
    contentclass: "categoryitems", //Shared CSS class name of contents group
    revealtype: "mouseover", //Reveal content when user clicks or onmouseover the header? Valid value: "click", "clickgo", or "mouseover"
    mouseoverdelay: 100, //if revealtype="mouseover", set delay in milliseconds before header expands onMouseover
    defaultexpanded: [], //index of content(s) open by default [index1, index2, etc]. [] denotes no content
    persiststate: true, //persist state of opened contents within browser session?
    toggleclass: ["", "openheader"], //Two CSS classes to be applied to the header when it's collapsed and expanded, respectively ["class1", "class2"]
    togglehtml: ["prefix", "", ""], //Additional HTML added to the header when it's collapsed and expanded, respectively ["position", "html1", "html2"] (see docs)
    //do nothing
    },
    //do nothing
    }
    })

ddaccordion.init({
    headerclass: "subexpandable", //Shared CSS class name of headers group that are expandable
    contentclass: "subcategoryitems", //Shared CSS class name of contents group
    revealtype: "mouseover", //NECESSARY PIECE FOR SUBCATEGORIES! Reveal content when user clicks or onmouseover the header? Valid value: "click", "clickgo", or "mouseover"
    defaultexpanded: [], //index of content(s) open by default [index1, index2, etc]. [] denotes no content
    persiststate: true, //persist state of opened contents within browser session?
    toggleclass: ["", "openheader"], //Two CSS classes to be applied to the header when it's collapsed and expanded, respectively ["class1", "class2"]
    togglehtml: ["prefix", "", ""], //Additional HTML added to the header when it's collapsed and expanded, respectively ["position", "html1", "html2"] (see docs)
    animatespeed: "normal" //speed of animation: "fast", "normal", or "slow"
    })
    </script>
    Last edited by shelley3; 09-26-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Solved my problem