Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Email not sending

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DS928 View Post
    After several calls to GoDaddy they finally aditted that where my email resides on the server the que is jammed and I just have to wait. Thank you for your help.
    Sucks!

Though it does point out that, just because mail() is successful, it doesn't mean your email was actually sent...!

Quote Originally Posted by djr33 View Post
    That's very strange. I wouldn't be surprised by a 5 minute delay, or maybe even a one time delay of an hour or two, but to have it down for long enough to have this whole conversation... I suppose, possible that someone was abusing the email services on that server. Maybe that shut it down for everyone.
    It is possible. Someone on the same shared host as one of my sites got the mail server blacklisted for spam once. Took more than a whole day to resolve it (and I don't even know how long it was "broken" before I noticed).

On the other hand, I also don't place GoDaddy in the "most reliable web hosts" category - and, as Daniel says, their customer service/ tech support is bad. At the end of the day, pricing is really their only selling point.

Thanks

On the other hand, I also don't place GoDaddy in the "most reliable web hosts" category - and, as Daniel says, their customer service/ tech support is bad. At the end of the day, pricing is really their only selling point.
    For the record, I use GoDaddy. And they have good prices and everything is fine unless something goes wrong. It's rare that something goes wrong. And when it does, they are bad at solving it and even worse at the tech support side of things. Once I upgraded my account to a more expensive plan and then found all of my files missing-- it took them a week or so to get the backup uploaded from the magnetic tape stored in some secret location such that it was inaccessible for 7 days
    But more on topic... this is the kind of thing GoDaddy should be able to handle. They are generally reliable and sending email is a basic function. They also have given me credits in the past for any issues like this, so although it can be annoying it all balances out for me. And the price is right. If I had the time to shop around, I can't say that I'd have any problem moving, though.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah. Most hosts fall into the same general class as GoDaddy - cheap, more than suitable for most situations, everything works great unless it doesn't. Story of shared hosting.

Better alternatives exist, but they're expensive.