Thread: No Experience - help needed

Thanks

Default No Experience - help needed

I believe I am in the right place...

I need to make or help making etc a script for Google Forms.

My end goal is to have a Google Form that updates itself automatically from another forms spreadsheet.

So.. a person registers on form one then on form two it automatically puts them into a checklist. It is for attendance tracking. One form is registration and the other form is for checking in.

Any direction is welcomed!

Thanks

Why did you post this in the Javascript section? Are you trying to communicate between two windows both using Google Forms? That is very difficult, even if you are able to add scripts to them (I'm not sure).
    Or are you looking for help using Google Forms? In that case, I'd suggest seeking help elsewhere. I would imagine that there is some way to have two Google Forms work together, but I don't really know.

Alternatively you could do this very differently, if Google Forms does not offer what you need. But it would require building most of it yourself (maybe using some existing code from other projects/products, depending on your purposes). This is most easily/reliably done server-side (with code that operates on the server) rather than within the browser, or "clientside" (as is the case with Javascript).

Given that you can't access the serverside code for Google Forms, the onlys potential option are Javascript [which might not really be possible, and even if so could be very difficult] or using an existing feature of Google Forms to do this automatically.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum