Advanced Search

Thread: Same issue on image zoomer

Thanks

Default Same issue on image zoomer

Moderator's Note: THis thread refers back to:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...d-zoomer-files

In the future, please start a new thread for a new question.

Hi John
    may I ask you a question about a similar issue in ddpowerzoomer (magnification inside), has the same problem with magnification, with Omega theme; but in this case there's no .css file and I'm getting mad on ho to fix it.

basically was the same problem exposed above, the original image (the one used for magnification), gets shrinked; in the theme unfortunately I need to set the main img selector with max-width:100%, and image zoomer requires width:100% (I'm trying to make all responsive)

I made a previous work, in which this thing work (jquery 1.5), now in this project (jquery 1.7): if I assign to img only width 100% and no max-width, the magnifier works perfect, but all the other images in the site are increased till their containers....

thanks in advance

mark
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 09-10-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Moderator's Note

Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 3,097 Posts
    Blog Entries

Please post new questions in a new thread like here where I've moved this, and:

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script(s) in question in your post. See this post for more information.

And in this case we would need a link to the problem page as well. Please include it with the above information when replying.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

hi John
    ok sorry, I'm new here...

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...owerzoomer.htm

the point is I'm working in local right now, so I cant give you an url.
    I'm using this in drupal, which has a module that works with those js files

I guarante the issue is the same of the Featured Image Zoomer , the only thing is that the problem is not on the box aside visualization, but inside the picture box.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It's OK about not following the rules as a first timer, just "In the future . . ."

Looking at the demo page for the script I see that there are no id or class for the inner magnified image or its parents, so the script needs to be modified.

It would be better if I could see a live demo of the problem. However, from the information I do have, this modified version of the script should take care of it (right click and 'Save As'):

ddpowerzoomer.js

Use that version of the script instead.

The browser cache may need to be cleared and/or the page refreshed to see changes.

If you want more help, please include a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

Or, if as you say, it's not live yet, put up a demo somewhere on the web that at least shows the problem.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

skinheadgriffon (09-12-2013)

Thanks

Thumbs up

so...
    first of all... thank you.

the magnification box now dispalys correct; the only little issue is that goes only at the maximum magnification, without sensitivity to mouse wheel ...

using JQ 1.7, Ive just modified your updated script, adding 2 lines of same code:
    -------
    if(!e.detail && !e.wheelDelta){e = e.originalEvent;}
    -------
    line 18
    line 88

I submit you the file so you can control, I'm not that expert!
    with that trick, mouse wheel responds correct... as soon as I publish the website work, I'll send you the link (it's about High Pressure Photography)
    again thanks for your precious help!

with respect

mark

ddpowerzoomer(fixed-jq1_7).js

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That's a known issue in more recent jQuery and mousewheel events. The team working on it decided those were non-standard event properties, so at some point they stopped passing that information with the jQuery mousewheel event object. And, yes that's one solution. Those properties are still in what's known in jQuery as the originalEvent object. The other solution is to use a jQuery mousewheel plugin.
    - John