Advanced Search

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo Album 2.1 Image date

Thanks

John,
    That is terrific. Thanks so much.
    As you can tell I am a novice concerning code. I can build a fair site using "canned" scripts and modify basics.

I built this site for my granddaughter who is visually impaired. I wanted her mother & father to be able to upload images for family & friends.

Can't thank you enough.

Regards,
    Joe

Thanks

John,

This is exactly what I wanted to do!
    I am interested in the other version and will fool around with it as I learn more code.
    I'm a novice regarding code but have managed to build a couple of decent web sites using "canned" scripts and modifying basics.

My granddaughter is visually impaired so I built this site and wanted her mother & father to be able to upload pictures for family & friends.
    I can't thank you enough for the time and effort you put into this to help me.

Regards,
    Joe

Thanks
    Thanked 3,128 Times in 3,094 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure what other version you're referring to. If you mean the one that I said can open any folder, that's not exactly what it was. It had some code left over from that and that code was causing a problem on your server, so I reverted that part to the original. If you mean the first one I gave you, that one could probably be modified to work using the DateTimeOriginal property of the EXIF.

If you want the full version of the one that can open any folder, let me know. There might be a way to get it work. I'm thinking that, as long as the network path is given to it as a parameter in the query string, it could just use that as the baseurl.

But I'm not sure how secure it is. Someone could use it to read the images in any folder on the server. I guess that's not a real big deal on the site you're using it on, but it could be for some sites.

Oh, at least one other thing has occurred to me off and on with this concept. Like with the FileDateTime property, which was 0 on your iPhone images, it's possible that could happen with the DateTimeOriginal property, in which case you would get that date in late Dec, 1969 I think it was, or Jan 1 1970, as I think we are doing this all server side now. In any case, there's a way to avoid that here:

Code:
    if($filedate && isset($filedate['DateTimeOriginal'])){
    By adding:

Code:
    if($filedate && isset($filedate['DateTimeOriginal']) && $filedate['DateTimeOriginal'] > 0){
    But of course it will then default to filetime(). Still better than an inaccurate date so far in the past.

I believe that using PHP or an image utility, you can set EXIF values if they're lost or wrong. I know you can set at least some of them. I'm not sure if you can set the DateTimeOriginal though.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 09-11-2013 at 01:29 AM. Reason: add info
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate