Thread: Responsive horizontal menu problem

Thanks

Default Responsive horizontal menu problem

Hello everyone. I am having a problem with a menu that I downloaded from this site. The link is http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/cs...e_iconic_menu/

My problem is that when I hover over a couple of the links, I must 'carefully" position my mouse as the link will not work. Is there something I am missing? The menu does work on the longer named links but no so much on the links with short names... again, its all about the hover issue and recognizing the user attempting to click a link. This of course can be very frustrating, especially as sometimes a different page will show.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Is it just happening on your page or is the demo affected too? (The demo seems fine to me)

Or is the problem in a specific browser?
    Focus on Function Web Design
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps

Thanks

Hi Beverleyh. Thank you for your follow-on question. It is happening across all browsers.

You can see what I am talking about by visiting my test site, www.mikewooz.com/index.html. The button that is bugging the crap out of me is the "About Us" button. You have to hover over it very carefully and once you do get a hover acknowledgement and attempt to click, it brings up a different page. Although I only have the menus setup on a single level (the Lost and Found needs to allow linking to both a lost and a found page), I intend to modify the code in a few days for that. But like I stated, for now, the fact that there seems to be a "special" problem with my inability to select the About Us page is driving me batty. Also, since you will likely be clicking on buttons, my web host provider tells me that the Lost and Found button (in the responsive menu) brings up a lost and found page. It does not work on my end at all (I get the page not found error when I click on it).

Thanks again for your offer for help. I look forward to hearing from you again ;-)

Best regards,
    Mike
    Last edited by Beverleyh; 03-08-2015 at 01:35 PM. Reason: formatting

Thanks
    Blog Entries

There seems to be a hidden link for a contact page that is obscuring the first button. On a very quick inspection of your markup, you have nested list elements - the menu doesn't appear to support nested/sub items so try removing these to see if it helps. It looks like the top-level contact page link doesn't fit on a narrow screen either, so again, that may be obscuring preceding links when it falls to the line below. Try reducing the text characters or font-size so that all links fit on one line.
    Focus on Function Web Design
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps