Thread: URL Morphs

Thanks

Question URL Morphs

Hello World,

Is there any way to prevent alterations to a url?

My problem is that I want to link directly to an image in Photobucket but when the url is called into action Photobucket adds ".html" to the end of the url rerouting it to the Photobucket user album/folder page containing the image.

For example:

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab302/FreeCDL/Wallpaper%20Tiles/Unique/Tiledx80/cdl--8-K-28-Tiledx80.png

becomes

http://s874.photobucket.com/user/FreeCDL/media/Wallpaper%20Tiles/Unique/Tiledx80/cdl--8-K-28-Tiledx80.png.html

Can anyone offer any suggestion around this? Is there any parameter that may be added into the html coding of the link to prevent the rerouting change to the url?

(a target="_blank" href="http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab302/FreeCDL/Wallpaper%20Tiles/Unique/Tiledx80/cdl--8-K-28-Tiledx80.png")

Thanks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The URL rewrite happens from Photobucket's side so you wouldn't be able to change that behaviour.

Now, after doing a quick Google search I found that an account holder can disable hotlinking on their own account in the settings area, so maybe the album/account has been set that way by the owner. Any attempt to circumvent this would be unethical.

If it is you who actually owns the account, have a look at the account settings and see it there is something there that needs ticking or unticking. I am not a Photobucket user so I cannot give specific directions, but Photobucket may provide their own user guide. Alternatively, do a Google search.
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks

Thanks Beverleyh.
    I am the account holder and I have taken another look at the settings.

There is a link back setting that was ticked.
    When I unchecked the box and saved the problem was fixed to my satisfaction.

Thanks for your assistance!

Last edited by cyberdreamlady; 07-22-2013 at 09:43 AM.

Thanks

When "Link back to album" is not selected:

When you embed HTML code, the full-size image displays on another website.
    If you have a Free account, when viewers click the embedded image, the Photobucket home page displays.
    The link is removed entirely for Pro accounts.
    When you embed HTML Thumb code, a clickable thumbnail-size image displays on another website.
    When viewers click the embedded image, the image displays at full size, but the viewer is NOT taken to your Photobucket album.
    When you embed IMG Thumb code, a clickable thumbnail-size image displays on another website.
    When viewers click the embedded image, the image displays at full size, but the viewer is NOT taken to your Photobucket album.

Important notes for you! After you change this option, the new settings are only applied to images linked after the change is saved. Any content linked with the previous setting must be re-linked for the new option to take effect. Also, regardless of whether "Link back to album" is selected or not, IMG Code only displays an image. It does not contain any clickable code.

This apparently still does not entirely eliminate the problem. Even newly linked material is still rerouted with the html addition to the url by photobucket.