Thread: In IE11 webpage scrolls automatically down to iframe

Thanks

Default In IE11 webpage scrolls automatically down to iframe

I have a webpage with an iframe element containing an embedded google map. When you prompt google maps to embed a map, it gives you this iframe element. I have the map appearing towards the bottom of the page. When loading the webpage in IE11, the webpage is now scrolling automatically down to the iframe element, which is not what I want. As far as I know, this didn't used to happen when I first added the element to this webpage some years ago, but whatever the case, it is happening now in IE11. Does anyone know how to fix it? I had a hard time searching for a solution but it appeared that some people were proposing that some kind of script was needed to force the page to scroll back up to the top when loading? There are some floating elements with absolute positioning in css on the page, so don't know if they are interacting with this issue in some unforeseen way.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks

thank you, Arie for responding to my post. I had removed the embedded map from my webpage. As I was getting ready to post the problem on a different webpage to demonstrate for you, I discovered the source of the problem. It seems that sometime in the past year or so, google maps changed something about the iframe src https file they provide when the user requests a map to embed. Unfortunately, I liked the old map I had embedded. The new map works perfectly in IE but it has some problems, unique to us, with respect to an error in the company name. At this point, I would prefer to just wait for google to fix the company name (which I have requested) and I will embed the new map once again at that point. Anyway, I thought I would explain in case anyone else has an old embedded google map. Even though the embedded map looks fine and works in firefox, it may not behave correctly in IE and you may need to replace it with a fresh embedded map.