Thread: CSS help need

Thanks

Default CSS help need

Actually I am not a coder .. but trying to learn

I have HTML site which is about more than 2000 HTML pages .. each page has side bar ... I need to know is there any way that I can Change, edit or insert contents in side bar through CSS .. some time it is too difficult to make changes in every HTML file ..

Thanks in advance

Thanks

It is not possible as css can only do styling. It cannot insert any of content.You can insert images using css but its not possible to insert content

developerhusain

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Put your side bar in a html file and include the file on each page using a clientside include technique (jquery is very good) or a serverside include method (for instance: PHP). It would be useful for us to have a link to your site.

Thanks

actually as I said that I am not a coder I am just trying to learn by asking questions here like I learned by developerhusain that by css I can only handle images and styles not contents ... I am just trying to know if there is any method to make changes in multiple HTML side bars at once so that I should not individually edit each html file .. because it would be like headache to make changes with Huge HTML files individually .. thanks in advance for further response..

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Okay, I see.
    The way to handle your problem depends on how your side bar looks like (are there only images there, or is there a menu too, etc.?).
    So if you could give me a link to your pages, it would be easier for me to see what the best solution is.
    If you don't have your pages online, just give me the sources (the 'code').

Thanks

You can use SSI (server side include)
    <!--#include file="slidebar.html" -->