Advanced Search

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MultiZoon fails in IE after being minified

Thanks
    Thanked 3,125 Times in 3,091 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not a bug, well perhaps one in the IE browsers for not recognizing mouse activity over an empty div element unless it has background. It doesn't break the script or the page. So is not a bug in the script. If it bothers you that much, you can try something I had at one time considered as an alternative:

Code:
    .css({backgroundColor: (this.isie? 'black' : 'transparent'), opacity: (this.isie? 0.001 : 1)})
    But I rejected that because I thought it was messier, potentially more prone to complications in earlier IE (8 and less) which would need to use a filter to do that.

You could also change it to:

Code:
    .css({backgroundImage: (this.isie? 'url(transparent.gif)' : 'none')})
    and host a small 1px by 1px transparent .gif for it. That would still generate a request though presumably would be cached, so as to only require one request. But I rejected that idea because IE has issues with background images anyway, such that this approach might not be much better, might even be worse in some versions, and because it would require one to host the image.

All in all I think I took the simplest approach. But there might be another I'm not aware of.

As for your other two requests, You can get rid of everything added by the script by doing:

Code:
    jQuery('.magnifyarea, .cursorshade, .zoomstatus, .zoomtracker').remove();
    And about having a larger image available onclick, that can be worked out. I looked at that topup script and although it has a very nice look and feel and feature set, its not current with jQuery and breaks if it's on a page with another version of jQuery on the page. Even if noConflict mode is used and the version of jQuery it uses (1.4 something) is not sufficient to run the multizoom script. I have a great respect for Lokesh's work with Lightbox, and beleive his was the original. But it still doesn't do resizing, so I would go with FancyBox on that. Integrating it is a little complicated, but not too hard and requires no modification to the script.

Here's a demo:

http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/s...x-fancybox.htm
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 06-21-2013 at 04:16 AM. Reason: add demo
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

colnector (06-21-2013)

Thanks

Cool

Thank you very much for the explanation and the really nice integration with FancyBox. I believe it'll be a very nice addition in the plugin as it then gives a more comprehensive solution but I'd be happy using it either way.

Interesting to note about the IE generated request doesn't happen on most pages of my website and I haven't figured out the difference between a page such as a banknote page and the main screen (shown to logged in members) that does generate the request. I'll play with it a bit.

I had another idea of providing an option to position the zoomed image div elsewhere than just a "left" and "right". In my example, I'd prefer the zoom window to be bigger and open up at the same location for both banknote pictures.

Hope all my ideas are helpful rather than a burden. I thank you very much for your time and patience

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Your page is in violation of Dynamic Drive's usage terms, which, among other things, state that the script credit must appear in the source code of the page(s) using the script. Please reinstate the notice first.

That said, you can control the size of the magnifyarea in the init:

Code:
    	$('#image1').addimagezoom({ // single image zoom
    		zoomrange: [3, 10],
    		magnifiersize: [300,300],
    		magnifierpos: 'right',
    		cursorshade: true,
    		largeimage: 'hayden.jpg' //<-- No comma after last option!
    	})
    And you can force it to be in a certain spot on the page by setting it's left and top coords in css:

Code:
    .magnifyarea {
    	top: 100px !important;
    	left: 500px !important;
    }
    But that might not work out too well with your layout because it's centered, which means that you would want the magnifyarea to move around at least left to right to be in a position relative to the notes. So you could still let the script handle that part, just set the top coord:

Code:
    .magnifyarea {
    	top: 100px !important;
    }
    Adjust the 100px part to suit. Just make sure to use the !important keyword as shown to override what the script will do.

The browser cache may need to be cleared and/or the page refreshed to see changes.

If you want more control over it's position, you can set both top and left coords to 0 (again with the !important keyword for both), then it can be appended to a position relative div after both inits. That position relative div can be placed wherever you like on the page.

If you want more info on that technique, let me know. It has already been done in these forums to place the larger image in a fixed location in the layout and works quite well for that.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 06-24-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thank you for your copyrights notice alert. As you've previously requested, the copyrights notice is included in the script itself. Now I find out for the first time you'd like a notice to be included in each and every HTML produced but this doesn't make sense to me and I haven't seen such demand before. Which leaves me with the following options:
    1/ Can I buy a license that won't require any copyrights notice?
    2/ Get another script with either standard BSD license such as http://www.mind-projects.it/projects...emos.php#demo1 or paid license, such as $7 for http://codecanyon.net/item/etalage/180719
    3/ Write a script from scratch.

As I've already integrated your script, I'd prefer option 1 if the price is reasonable. Mind it's used in a part of Colnect that's completely free to use for any person without the need to register the website. Please let me know.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If it were my script I could license it to you. However, although I've written the updates, it's a Dynamic Drive script. I don't have the rights to it to license it to anyone.

I'm sorry this is the first you've become aware of the usage terms:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/notice.htm

They are linked to from virtually every page of the forum and the main site though, and clearly stated in the credits themselves. It's hard for me to imagine that you missed them unless you weren't interested in knowing the terms and therefore weren't looking for them.

You can contact ddadmin, who runs the forum and main site, to ask him about licensing terms.

Please allow a few weeks, in case he's busier than usual -

Via Email:

ddrivehelp@gmail.com

or via forum PM:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/p...p?do=newpm&u=1
    - John

Thanks

I've sent the PM and Email..
    Guess I breezed through the terms, sufficing with "Users may use any DHTML scripts offered for download on Dynamic Drive, free of charge, on both personal and commercial web site". Perhaps some people do actually read the entire terms of use of each and every website and/or service they use.
    Thank you for your time and efforts here.