Thread: tabbed content: inactive tabs

Thanks

Arrow tabbed content: inactive tabs

Hi all

script: tabbed content : http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tabcontent.htm

I have a dynamic setup, that some of the tabs, may be inactive, based on the pages content.

I have tried setting up <LI>s without links, and then also null link <LI>s - but i cant get these <LI>'s (which are the tabs of course) to be considered a real tab in the script.

In static mode, this doesnt really come into action, but what i have setup, is that when a user submits a form on one of the tabbed-DIVs, the page should reload, and load to that DIV initially. this should be relatively easy, based on the useful script
    Code:
    var initialtab=[1, "gb"]
    but the thing is, that the inactive LI tabs, are not being counted, so although the correct DIV loads, the incorrect tab is selected initially.

so lets say i have 5 LI tabs, of which #3 should be inactive.
    so lets say then, that i need to load (after submitting the form - or even without) - tab and DIV #4. the correct DIV will show, BUT, instead of actual LI-tab #4 showing, it will really be #5, because the script isnt counting inactive LI-tab #4.

hope this is understood.

many thanks!
    Last edited by snooper; 02-01-2006 at 10:03 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,196 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Blog Entries

We really would need to see the page again:

PLEASE: Include the URL to your problematic webpage that you want help with.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

you're right - my mistake -> here is the URL:

http://test.oshernet.co.il/events/ev...sp?simID=10623

here - 2nd tab from the left is inactive - and tabs are counted from the left. so when you submit the form (with anything) on tab 3 - whats loads is LI tab 3 - with skipping the inactive tab.

thanks again!

Thanks

hi all, sorry to bump this, but if anyone has ideas, i'd really appreciate hearing about it!

thanks!!