Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: googlebot

Thanks

google is now reflecting the page changes so, I guess, all's right with the world. When last I was checking--maybe four to six weeks ago, and for a considerable period before that, I knew about googlebot's presence because sitemeter.com listed the visitor as googlebot. Now there are no such listings. My surmise is that googlebot is now visiting under a different IP, perhaps all numeric. That may be what Daniel was suggesting in message #4 above, although at the time I interpreted it differently. ALSO, at the time that I replied to Daniel, google was not reflecting the page changes that I had made.

Go figure.

A.

Thanks

Right. (I didn't necessarily think that was what was going on, but...) I meant that there was something wrong with identifying googlebot, for whatever reason. Sounds like that website either had a bug or isn't very well updated.
    For the record, you can do this yourself (if you have logs) but searching for the string "googlebot" (as far as I've seen; I can't promise that never changes, so you might run into the same problem). Google is good about identifying its bots, while some other sites aren't as clear about it, so be aware of that.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

3. The Following User Says Thank You to djr33 For This Useful Post:

marain (06-06-2013)

Thanks

It seems that the Googlebot has become indexing pages worse today than some time ago. But it's just my opinion.