Thread: Help with Simple Controls Gallery

Thanks

Question Help with Simple Controls Gallery

1) Script Title: Simple Controls Gallery

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...plegallery.htm

3) Describe problem: I've been using this script for a few years with no issues. Suddenly the fade transition stopped working in IE 10, it just flips from image to image. I have no clue as to why. I've cleared out all of my temp files both on my computer and in IE. I also checked a website I made a year or so ago and haven't been back to in a long time and the fade wasn't working there either. I checked it out my laptop that has IE 9 and it works fine. The fade also works on http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...plegallery.htm in IE 10. Has there been an update for jquery or for the script that has fixed this issue? I've been using IE 10 for a while so I don't understand why that suddenly the fade would stop working.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,190 Times in 3,154 Posts
    Blog Entries

Without seeing your problem pages, it's impossible to know for sure. The demo page on Dynamic drive uses jQuery 1.6 and the simplegallery.js used and available there is 1.4 and reports this in its opening comments:

Code:
    //** Simple Controls Gallery- (c) Dynamic Drive DHTML code library: http://www.dynamicdrive.com
    //** Dec 7th, 08'- Script created
    //** February 6th, 09'- Updated to v 1.3:
    	//1) Adds Description Panel to optionally show a textual description for each slide
    	//2) In Auto Play mode, you can now set the number of cycles before gallery stops.
    	//3) Inside oninit() and onslide(), keyword "this" now references the current gallery instance

//** May 16th, 11'- Updated to v 1.4: Adds ability to show image gallery only after all images within gallery has been loaded. Requires jQuery 1.5+
    If you are using another version of jQuery and/or another version of the simplegallery.js script, that could be the problem. jQuery in particular made some updates around version 1.6, these may be impacting the issue. I'd try jQuery 1.6.4 and the latest simplegallery.js (1.4 from the current demo page).

Backup what you have first, just in case.

If you want more help, please include a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate