Thread: CSS, Ajax and IE 7

Thanks

Default CSS, Ajax and IE 7

Hi,

I operate the website www.root2020.com. I am having a well-known issue with IE 7 compatibility and was wondering if anyone here could help me. Essentially I have some CSS that works fine before the innerHTML is called, but when I attempt to call it again (the same code) the CSS doesn't come out right. The issue is with the control panel on the left side of the page. When people accomplish goals it reloads the score panel to reflect the new score, which in turn ends up being a CSS bulleted list rather then the pop-out menu.

Thank you,
    James

Thanks
    Thanked 3,192 Times in 3,155 Posts
    Blog Entries

Please give some specific instructions. Like, what do I have to do to see this in action? Tell me exactly what I have to click on, mouseover, fill out, submit, or whatever, and what exact order I need to do those things in order to see the problem. Oh, and where's the "score panel"?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Default Response

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1 View Post
    Please give some specific instructions. Like, what do I have to do to see this in action? Tell me exactly what I have to click on, mouseover, fill out, submit, or whatever, and what exact order I need to do those things in order to see the problem. Oh, and where's the "score panel"?
    Hi,

Thank you for your quick response. In order to see it in action, use IE 7 compatibility mode in IE 10. After that, go to "Todays Goals" under the "Overall" section of the left-side control panel. You will see a goal or goals named "test". Click to complete the goal, and the error will show up.

Thanks,
    James

Thanks
    Thanked 3,192 Times in 3,155 Posts
    Blog Entries

Doesn't seem to happen in a real IE 7, so I wouldn't worry about it. You can put a meta tag on the page to make relatively sure that IE will not use compatibility mode:

HTML Code:
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge" />
    Use it as the first meta tag in the head of the page.

Note: This will not prevent someone from switching to compatibility mode, and if they have their browser already in compatibility mode, this might not bring them out of it. But in most cases it (coupled with a standards invoking DOCTYPE like you already have) will force the IE browser to use its most recent rendering engine and not to invoke compatibility mode.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

jamesaurus (05-27-2013)

Thanks

Thank you very much John, it worked!