Advanced Search

Thread: Protect our domain name

Thanks

Default Protect our domain name

What are the precautions we take while registering a domain name.
    According to ICANN rules the domain owner is the person who named in administrative details of a domain. Is this is sufficient for the security of our domain / or we need to find a specific registrar for registering our domain in more secure way.

But i found a major mistake that is , these ADMINISTRATIVEE details can edited not only by the domain owner but all the registrar and sub registrars controlling that domain, then if some of these registrars are changing the admin details of that domain, whether the ownership should be transfer to other person ?

What are the other things we must consider to avoid the lost of ownership of our domain ?
    You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free (John 8:32)(The truth is about the only begotten son of GOD.....When you feel you are alone for facing your problems, God will never leave you by your own You are important for God

Thanks

No advices for the listed topic there ?
    You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free (John 8:32)(The truth is about the only begotten son of GOD.....When you feel you are alone for facing your problems, God will never leave you by your own You are important for God

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by letom View Post
    No advices for the listed topic there ?
    Not really much advice to give - buy from a reputable company. Honestly, it's not a problem I have ever encountered (or even heard of).
    We Only Torture the Folks We Don't Like (You're Probably Gonna Be Okay)
    It's a Party in the CIA

Thanks

You seem to be imagining problems/technicalities that don't actually happen in the real world.

I don't see this as a potential problem. As traq said, buy from a reputable company, and they will not be motivated to steal your domain name because their business is based on being reliable.

If your company/website becomes large enough that it needs to be protected and you have the budget, then you might consider hiring a lawyer to help with these things, but I can't imagine that being a real problem except with a huge website.

The only real issue would be forgetting to renew the domain name, but many services allow you to do that automatically. Or, you can do that any time before the registration expires, and no one else will have an opportunity to do so. Once it expires, anyone can purchase it, but you can easily avoid that situation.

I am going to close this thread. I don't think it will lead to a productive conversation, because your question is based on technicalities. If you want to know more about technicalities, you should consult a lawyer. For general use of domains, this is simply not a problem.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum