Thread: Watermark HTML Code

Thanks

Smile Watermark HTML Code

I inserted the watermark scrolling page html in my webpage hosted by tripod..it made the whole first page dissappear....can anyone tell me why this happened?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Either you did it wrong or there is something about Tripod that is incompatible with the script as written, or both. To be more specific I would need to see the page:

PLEASE: Include the URL to your problematic webpage that you want help with.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1
    Either you did it wrong or there is something about Tripod that is incompatible with the script as written, or both. To be more specific I would need to see the page:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ck.htm....this is the watermark Background Image Script i am trying to use.......and this is my webpage......www.qualitycomputer.org

Thanks

Red face Watermark Html Code

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ck.htm....this is the watermark Background Image Script i am trying to use.......and this is my webpage......www.qualitycomputer.org

Originally Posted by jscheuer1

I inserted the watermark scrolling page html in my webpage hosted by tripod..it made the whole first page dissappear....can anyone tell me why this happened?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Your web page shows up just fine for me. This however (from your page's source):

Code:
                                     <p><script language="JavaScript1.2">

/*
                                        Watermark Backgound Image Script-  Dynamic Drive (www.dynamicdrive.com)
                                        For full source code, 100's more DHTML scripts, and TOS,
                                        visit dynamicdrive.com
                                        */

<!--"''"-->
                                     </p>
    is not correct, there is no closing script tag and no script code. Also the script tag should be (according to the most recent standards):

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    I suspect that this is what you did after the problem occurred to 'correct' it. I cannot diagnose a non-existent problem though. So please put up the problem page somewhere that I can see it, it does not have to be linked to from anywhere.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate