Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feelings of intense rage toward one's computer

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I know a man who threw his television set out of the window when his favorite soccer team lost the match.
    Ha, ha - TV rage to the extreme! Was the window open or did he break that too? (Maybe he mistook it for a 'Windows Vista' )
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 3,190 Posts
    Blog Entries

I saw a man yelling and screaming at a TV once. I think it was the news and he just didn't like the editorial slant. It was extreme though. But defenestration? No. Sometimes I'll make jokes as retorts to what I hear on the radio or television.

Just the other day I heard mention again of the "deadly fertilizer plant explosion in Texas". The first thing I thought was, "Why would anyone ever have a deadly fertilizer plant in the first place?"
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beverleyh View Post
    Ha, ha - TV rage to the extreme! Was the window open or did he break that too? (Maybe he mistook it for a 'Windows Vista' )
    No, the window was not open due to popup blockers taking over control of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1 View Post
    I saw a man yelling and screaming at a TV once.
    That could have been me watching a soccer game. I allow myself some minor weaknesses.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1 View Post
    Just the other day I heard mention again of the "deadly fertilizer plant explosion in Texas". The first thing I thought was, "Why would anyone ever have a deadly fertilizer plant in the first place?"
    Talk about irony - something that encourages life ultimately being the cause of death!?

The mind boggles.
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 3,190 Posts
    Blog Entries

Too soon to joke about it then? I do get into questionable humor at times. That whole incident in Texas was funny to me to begin with. It happened in the town of West Texas, which is in East Texas. I thought, "If they don't even know where their town is, no wonder their plant blew up."

And they picked the worst time to have it happen. It was right around the Boston Marathon tragedy, which overshadowed it. So even though it was on the anniversary of the Waco (pronounced Way Co, but I say, Wack-O) tragedy, they couldn't hardly get any press. Now that's a real tragedy.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Its never too soon for humour (for me). There is far too much tradegy in life - and I've experienced my fair share - so I think if you can see light in a situation, see it. More sensitive types might disagree, but I'm not one of them.