Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feelings of intense rage toward one's computer

Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 Times in 3,178 Posts
    Blog Entries

Humans are the only ones who have to use tools,
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Oh. I thought you meant the opposite, with "nor". Makes sense now.

(As for singular vs. plural, no big deal either way, as you said, either one could be the subject. All that confused me was the negative "nor".)
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I see. You're right there, 'or' would have correctly conveyed my meaning. I was inspired by the memory of (since then, Googled and gotten right):

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Man is the only animal that blushes - or needs to.
    I was in a hurry and didn't think it through.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I can't say I've ever felt angry towards a computer. I find it rather difficult (but a little bit amusing) to imagine you getting angry at all

I sometimes have a "oh, you daft git!" moment towards IE(9), especially when it stops responding on a heavy-load web page, closes, restarts and then attempt to trap you in a perpetual loop of frustration while you accidentally keep reloading and then freezing the same tab, while trying to remember enough about your search term to go and find the same page in Chrome.

I also get frustrated watching other people use (or not use) computers. Take my dad for example, a perfectly intelligent individual who's IQ seems to drop by 20 points whenever a mouse is in his hand. He's not hugely computer savvy but he knows enough to get around Amazon. Not enough to actually buy anything though, ha, ha - for that he saves up tab after tab of searches, and then waits for me to visit to click the 'Add to Basket' button and go through checkout. He's watched me do it a thousand times but he still won't do it himself, even with written instructions. He'd prefer me to do it for him "just to be safe".
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beverleyh
    He'd prefer me to do it for him "just to be safe".
    It's nice to be needed.
    - John

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It is

And I can't complain really - who do I call when I forget to buy milk? Who checks my oil? And who sends a text to remind me when Dr Who is about to start? Popsy!

Its a 2-way street of course, and he will be the proud recipient of some lovely homemade cookies later (coconut and cherry - Delish!)
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1 View Post
    Humans are the only ones who have to use tools,

No, how this is happening --- Robots are tools, and they are using tools for engineering a car, not only car but lot of other things,

the only difference between living being and a non living being is , living things can take decisions by their own, then some body may ask, how plants and trees can take decisions by their own, yes they are taking decision by their own, that why they are growing towards sun light..called photosynthesis. non living beings are built by man, so it have no real life, but living beings are built by God so it have real life and have the ability of decisions making and problem solving capacity.

God built man according to his image, that why humans have more, decision making and problem solving capacity than any other living beings. If we Believe in God we will get more wisdom to understand the matters, but God will not accept us directly, we can reach towards God only through one path, That i have written in my signature, which is truth. But truth came in this earth with body and Flesh, He is the son of God.
    Last edited by letom; 05-12-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free (John 8:32)(The truth is about the only begotten son of GOD.....When you feel you are alone for facing your problems, God will never leave you by your own You are important for God

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beverleyh View Post
    I can't say I've ever felt angry towards a computer. I find it rather difficult (but a little bit amusing) to imagine you getting angry at all

I sometimes have a "oh, you daft git!" moment towards IE(9), especially when it stops responding on a heavy-load web page, closes, restarts and then attempt to trap you in a perpetual loop of frustration while you accidentally keep reloading and then freezing the same tab, while trying to remember enough about your search term to go and find the same page in Chrome.

I also get frustrated watching other people use (or not use) computers. Take my dad for example, a perfectly intelligent individual who's IQ seems to drop by 20 points whenever a mouse is in his hand. He's not hugely computer savvy but he knows enough to get around Amazon. Not enough to actually buy anything though, ha, ha - for that he saves up tab after tab of searches, and then waits for me to visit to click the 'Add to Basket' button and go through checkout. He's watched me do it a thousand times but he still won't do it himself, even with written instructions. He'd prefer me to do it for him "just to be safe".
    I mean the subject is, Wen people comes to old age, they cannot learn new things, we all have chances to become old,
    "just to be safe".
    its already safe
    You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free (John 8:32)(The truth is about the only begotten son of GOD.....When you feel you are alone for facing your problems, God will never leave you by your own You are important for God

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by djr33 View Post
    Oh. I thought you meant the opposite, with "nor". Makes sense now.

(As for singular vs. plural, no big deal either way, as you said, either one could be the subject. All that confused me was the negative "nor".)
    It's clear for me too now. The confusing thing was 'nor'.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I can't say I've ever felt angry towards a computer.
    I know a man who threw his television set out of the window when his favorite soccer team lost the match.
    Take my dad for example, a perfectly intelligent individual who's IQ seems to drop by 20 points whenever a mouse is in his hand.
    I like your father already; he's human.