Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Great Tits - watch in real time

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It's just gone 4:15pm here. We switched over to British Summer Time (+1 hour) at the end of March.

I think there'll be about another 4 hours of activity left today. I know on Friday when I checked, she'd gone to sleep by 8pm. It might be different now the chicks are hatched though. The sun will set here at about 8:45pm tonight so the parents could be grub-hunting til then.
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 3,189 Posts
    Blog Entries

OK, so you're 5 hours later than here. We're on our version of Summer time, we call it Daylight Savings. I call it Daylight Slaving Time. Shheesh, if you want everybody to get up and get to work an hour earlier, just tell them to. Changing the clocks seems sinister to me. It's known to lead to sickness and complications of existing conditions and to accidents, even death, especially among the infirm, the young, and the elderly. I thought society was against threats of that type. For them it's the equivalent of smoking a pack of cigarettes a day.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Changing the time seems odd to me. I don't really mind, except that first morning when I have to wake up earlier. And it's a little disorienting if I'm awake when the time changes around me. (It's 2:59am! Wait. It's 2am!)
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

5 hours difference is less than I thought. I got it in my head that it was a bit more but that's got more to do with Daniel's crazy hours! I see him online when I think he should be in bed and that disorients me more than that first morning after the clocks change. There was talk of increasing our time diff to 2 hours, to improve the economy and bring us inline with the rest of Europe, but it hasn't happened yet: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...TWO-HOURS.html
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |

Thanks

I'm also one hour farther than John. So (at the moment) it's 6 hours different. But my hours can be disorienting, yes, haha.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1 View Post
    Shheesh, if you want everybody to get up and get to work an hour earlier, just tell them to.
    That's exactly what Frankin proposed in a letter he wrote to the Journal of Paris, to save candles.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Out of curiousity, do you all know what UTC zone you're in?
    I think I'm UTC +10 or 11

Thanks

I believe Im at UTC-7, but that varies with DST, so that's ▒1, since I don't know...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm currently at UTC+1 because its 'summer' - I use that term very loosely because its persisting it down outside and I'm sat here with a hot water bottle.

In winter I'm UTC 0.

We (Brits) normally use GMT - Greenwich Mean Time - but it seems to be interchangeable with UTC.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 3,189 Posts
    Blog Entries

GMT is deprecated in both the javascript and PHP languages, probably others. Use UTC instead.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate