Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Tits - watch in real time

Thanks

She has been a moderator for some time now letom
    Thanks,

Bud

Thanks

Hi Bud

Nice to hear from you.. That was tricky. I am not commenting any more for this topic until i get answers for my questions..

But there is good news, not yet i had recvd an infraction for giving congratulation.

Saying Thanks to congratulations is unethical ? Oh sorry i feel so..
    Last edited by letom; 05-12-2013 at 03:40 PM.
    You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free (John 8:32)(The truth is about the only begotten son of GOD.....When you feel you are alone for facing your problems, God will never leave you by your own You are important for God

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Sorry I haven't had chance to reply right away letom. Of course your congratulations is appreciated. Friendliness on the forum is what makes DD such a nice place to hang out - thank you for taking the time to comment
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks

Letom, I will try to answer your questions.

However: please do not continue this conversation here. My answer is intended to clear up any doubts you have, but beyond this, we should keep this thread on topic. If you need to talk about this more, you can start a new thread. But your posts are on the border of complaining rather than asking questions, so be prepared to receive consequences (or just have the thread deleted) if you are complaining, not asking real questions.

Quote Originally Posted by letom
    @Beverley
    Congratulations, Nice to hear, you got the badge of moderator,
    Then next time onwards , i will get infraction messages from you also. In my inbox i have 4 infractions now
    Yes, any moderator may give infractions. But it's not personal. We make these decisions together. If you receive an infraction, it is because you did something against the rules. If you do not want an infraction, then follow the rules. We very rarely give infractions to anyone. The fact that you have 4 infractions means that you are not following the rules. If that continues, you will NOT continue to receive infractions. You will be banned from the forum.

I have a common doubt that if a moderator is breaking the rules, who will send infraction messages to him ?
    We would discuss it and solve the problem. We have given you a lot of feedback (such as about posting clearly), and infractions are a last resort when normal feedback does not work. With the moderators we are all established members who know the rules well-- we also help to write the rules so that this forum is useful and enjoyable for everyone. If we disagree about anything, we discuss it. If one of us does something problematic, we would discuss it and correct each other, but not in an unfriendly way.

(If you really want to know about "who is in charge", then that would be ddadmin, who could, if there is a serious problem, take away someone's moderation powers-- but he trusts us because we all share the same goals of improving and preserving the environment of this forum. And if he has feedback for us, we would listen.)
    I don't know but according to my previous experience i think i will get another infraction for saying congratulations to you..
    You can of course congratulate Beverley or anyone else. That's not a problem. But I don't like the phrasing of your posts-- they come across as rude and as complaints, framed as "questions". We are not unfair. If you do not understand the rules, you can ask questions. If you do not like/agree with the rules, then unfortunately that is not something we can help with-- we can explain them to you and why we have these rules, but if you still don't agree, then you have a decision to make-- do you want to follow the rules, or do you not want to be part of this community?
    (We are also generally open to feedback about the rules. But remember that we will listen to the opinion of everyone, and the rules won't change just because of what you say. They would change if a number of members have the same opinion, or if we believe your suggestion would be helpful for everyone.)

Quote Originally Posted by ajfmrf
    She has been a moderator for some time now letom
    Actually, just two days. (She has been a helpful and active members for a few years, though, so that's why she was made a moderator recently.) I've been intending to make an announcement about that, so I'll do that now.

[For clarity, there is nothing against the rules in or wrong with your post, ajfmrf.]

Hi Bud

Nice to hear from you.. That was tricky. I am not commenting any more for this topic until i get answers for my questions..
    Ok, I have given you answers. I hope they are clear.

But there is good news, not yet i had recvd an infraction for giving congratulation to that guy.
    Again, this sounds like a complaint. Your tone is not appreciated.
    (Also, just so that you are aware, Beverley is a woman, as in her picture.)

Saying Thanks to congratulations is unethical ? Oh sorry i feel so..
    No, this does not seem unethical. I don't understand the problem.

Letom, I hope this has answered your questions. Now you have a decision to make: do you want to participate in this forum based on the current rules? If yes, then please follow the rules and post in a friendly way. If no, then you are not required to post here-- you may go to a different forum with different rules. If your posts continue to violate the rules, you will receive more infractions until you are banned. The moderators generally do not feel that you are interested in the feedback we are giving you or in following the rules. Infractions are a last resort way to explain the rules, and we would hope that you would learn from them.

Now, let's get this topic back to the original discussion. Letom, if there is anything else, please post a new thread, but also be aware that we expect you to follow the rules while doing so.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

OK..Thanks for your kind advice i am well appreciated about your right advices.. and iam not continuing this topic and will not response any more in this, but i have a humble request that you must give one more this chance to answer your questions and my brothers should hear one fact, sending an infraction message for writing a word "FINE' is not understanding for me, that made a nasty sensation for me, .

I love this forum very much and no body want to teach me about the forum rules , If i am in a state i am under the laws and regulations of that state even if it is good or bad. If i am not accepting that i should leave frm there or need to submit myself under the jurisdiction of that state. According to that as far as iam in this forum, i need to accept the rules of this forum, otherwise you can ban me or i should leave from here as you said. I am very happy to accept the good rules of this forum, that why iam posting here, but cannot accept infraction messages to the subject for above leads (for using a keyword fine).

hope my brothers could understand the matter, Bye from this post evermore .....
    You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free (John 8:32)(The truth is about the only begotten son of GOD.....When you feel you are alone for facing your problems, God will never leave you by your own You are important for God

Thanks
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 3,189 Posts
    Blog Entries

The word 'fine' In that context could mean "OK, fine if you don't want to help me." But the question we were asking was, "Have you solved the problem?" Which really requires a yes or no answer. And it wasn't just that one unclear answer to that question. It was the weight of all the unclear answers to that question before it as well, and all of the lack of clarity in general, failure to provide code and links when asked, that sort of thing.

So that's it. And, as you say once that is answered you will not ask about it or disrupt this thread further. I expect to not hear any more from you about it here. If you really need to have further clarification, start a new thread about it in the feedback and announcements forum.

However, we can't be much clearer than that. The very fact that you keep asking about it here, or at all might bring another infraction. I'm letting the others decide about that though.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

'Chirpy' is a mummy!

As of this morning, the first chick hatched. When Chirpy is out of the nest box, you can see the squirmy little wriggler towards the bottom left of the nest.

For now, she is continuing incubation until the rest hatch, but once they are bigger (and haranguing her for more food) she'll be out of the nest most of the time and we'll be able to see the chicks more clearly.
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |

Thanks

That's fun. I'll try to keep an eye on it once in a while.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yey - leave it a couple of days for them to get a bit more boisterous then it makes viewing a bit more interesting.

Notice how I'm using them now - those 5 chickies are all shell-free!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 3,189 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes, lots more activity now, even at this hour - Well it's only 4 or 5 hours later there, right? So I guess it's early to mid to late afternoon there as I type this. Are you on Daylight or Summer time yet?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate