Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Specific program language

Thanks

I was going to post much earlier in this thread, but I didn't because I would have written something very similar to what Beverley did in her first post. Now I'll jump in just to add that I do agree with what she has said, and that CrazyMonkeyz has a decision to make-- no choice of CMS will be the best for everyone, but there are a few possibilities. If the goal is a simple way to allow the client to edit just part of the page, then FastEdit is a good option, and there is nothing fundamentally wrong with it, as you seem to imply. It doesn't encourage bad coding practices or anything like that; it just doesn't have as many features or scaling ability as some other CMS options, which means that it isn't appropriate for every project, but it is appropriate for some, and from what I've read here, I think it's an option to consider.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

I was going to post much earlier in this thread, but I didn't because I would have written something very similar to what Beverley did in her first post. Now I'll jump in just to add that I do agree with what she has said, and that CrazyMonkeyz has a decision to make-- no choice of CMS will be the best for everyone, but there are a few possibilities. If the goal is a simple way to allow the client to edit just part of the page, then FastEdit is a good option, and there is nothing fundamentally wrong with it, as you seem to imply. It doesn't encourage bad coding practices or anything like that; it just doesn't have as many features or scaling ability as some other CMS options, which means that it isn't appropriate for every project, but it is appropriate for some, and from what I've read here, I think it's an option to consider.
    I never used Fast Edit previously.. I don't know anything about that. Ok i will check Beverly's website (fast-edit.co.uk) what is in it ?
    But i can assure WordPress is better than that, Because it have a wider forum and support for their members.
    But Fast edit is also a better option if you two people recommend that..

Thanks

Fast Edit is a relatively unknown CMS because BeverleyH made it herself and released it here (and on her website), so those of us who saw it being developed know it fairly well. (In some cases, posts like that would be seen as spam/advertising, but this is an exception, because it's sort of an unofficial DD script, along with Beverley's long history of posting here.) It's meant to be light weight and keep things simple, so that small amounts of content can be edited without too much disruption of the overall website-- it's specifically not like many more powerful CMS options that would require reworking the entire website, creating a complicated set of user permissions, training people on how to edit with it, etc. So if a project fits that description, it's a good option.

As for support, you're right-- it's usually good to pick a product with lots of users so it's easy to find help. But in this case, we know that Beverley is around to help if there are problems, so that should be just fine as well.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Iam not talking against Fast-Edit, I support fast edit and it have opportunities what you have stated, May be or May not, i had not made a clean lookup in that. But word press is nice also..
    Getting support from 100 people is better than getting support from single person.
    Last edited by letom; 05-01-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks

Getting support from 100 people is better than getting support from single person.
    And when that single person is the developer?

Up to you of course, and CrazyMonkeyz can decide too.

Thanks

Give it to readers dear moderator...
    Iam only telling the facts but your site is also a better option may be...
    sorry i have no time to spend over this bye...