Advanced Search

Thread: Integrating DD Image Power Zoomer into Fancybox

Thanks

Default Integrating DD Image Power Zoomer into Fancybox

1) Script Title: http://fancyapps.com/fancybox/

2) Script URL (on DD):

3) Describe problem: I am trying to build a fiber arts web site that will have mutiple thumbnail gallaries on a given page. The user can click on a thumbnail and go into a slide show. I then need Power Zoomer's capability to look at greater detail on the given slide. Does anyone have an example of how to integrated DD Power Zoomer into Fancybox? Fancybox is located at http://fancyapps.com/fancybox/

If not, since I grew up on COBOL, can anyone give some pointer on HOW-TO?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,128 Times in 3,094 Posts
    Blog Entries

Use the iframe capability of FancyBox. In the FancyBox iframe, put a page that has the image you want with the DD Image Power Zoomer script installed. If you have a server side language like PHP at your disposal, you should be able to have just one page to go in the iframe. The image and any other parameters, like its dimensions, can be passed to the server side page via its URL.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Vic
    God Loves You and will never love you less.
    http://www.vicsjavascripts.org/Home.htm
    If my post has been useful please donate to http://www.operationsmile.org.uk/

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Vic, I'm afraid that's really sloppy. At least here in Chrome, IE 8, and Firefox. In all of those, the zoom box is there all the time, even when the imageVeiwer box isn't seen. Mousing over that blank area shows an enlarged section of the image which would be in the imageViewer if it were visible. On Chrome, the image in the imageViewer box is off center. In IE 8, the thumbnail image is zoomable as well, but not over itself, rather out on the page somewhere if the mouse happens over that blank spot.

The solution I put forth in my previous post is workable, with or without a server side language.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Hi John,
    Thank you for resonding. In Fancybox, I will have multiple thumbnail gallaries on a given page that expand to slide shows. I need Power Zoomer to work on the images presented in the slide show. In essance, I will have three layers of images, Thumbnails, large slide show images, and Power Zoomer image. Fanchbox Iframe, if I understand it correctly, only allows for one image and doesn't work with the thumbnail gallaries. This is all kinda new to me, so I APPRECIATE any help I get!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Setup at least one of these galleries live and post a link to it. That will give me something to work with - save me some time in figuring it out. Fancybox has lots of callback options for before load of image/box, during load, after load, etc. One of them will probably afford the opportunity for integrating a zoom box over the image. If not, there are other things I could try. Once I see your gallery I can try various things with it.

Also, as I don't think you have as yet, please provide a link to the demo page of the script here on Dynamic Drive that you want to integrate with Fancybox. DD has many zoom scripts. To avoid any confusion, I want to know which exact one we are talking about.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 04-05-2013 at 10:26 AM. Reason: include word 'callback'
    - John