Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Bible and homosexuality

Thanks

This is not computer science Mr John, May according to your above funny logic JavaScript may produce right output, But the wisdom of God is bigger than the brain of Javascript..
    If it funny okay ..no prblm, In fun we can include ideas of Jackass and ideas of snake
    Last edited by letom; 04-07-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 Times in 3,178 Posts
    Blog Entries

Are you calling me names? That's not allowed here.

It would seem your ideas require that you compare someone who disagrees with you to animals in an unflattering way. That's known as flaming here on the forum and is not permitted. It might even be an example of the sort of prejudice and fear that religious fervor sometimes results in. In any case, you are allowed to present your ideas. You are not allowed to call someone you are having a discussion with a jackass or a snake.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 04-07-2013 at 09:54 AM. Reason: add detail
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

NO u misunderstood Mr John. i have no right to judge anybody as calling snake or jackass and i will not do that. if u understand what iam telling, you will not talk like that.. Neither Jackass or nor snake do programming like we people that why i said about javascript,
    if you felt anything hard regarding that, I feel very sorry for that....
    If someone is calling you or anybody as jackass , he is a double jackass.
    How can i call you other names .. by remembering the helps and guidance you had given me in this forum..... then if iam calling you like that, that name is mostly fits for me... hahaha

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by james438 View Post
    I don't see the comparison between Elisha cursing those children as was his right (and I dare say this was good in that he was defending the name of who he was representing, God) and homosexuality.
    James,
    I have a question about what you were saying in the highlighted part (hightlighted by me). Can you maintain in all honesty that this justified the horrible curse? My answer is no. I made a comment on it here (in the window that opens, click the Bald Avenger link). It's rather harsh. If you click the link you agree that my comment is not ment as an insult, but as a protest againt what I see as inhumane, whatever the society in which the event took place.

Thanks

Interesting site. I didn't know that was yours. I'm curious to look at the rest of your site too. I'm not offended by your site. You obviously have some serious differences with Christianity and I am glad to have the chance to look over your honest position more closely. As far as your question I won't be answering it in this thread as it doesn't seem like a good idea. If you are still interested feel free to message me and preferably we can talk about this in more detail via email.
    Last edited by james438; 04-09-2013 at 03:50 AM. Reason: slight rewording
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site

Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 Times in 3,178 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by james438 View Post
    You obviously have some serious differences with Christianity
    That statement implies that Christianity is some sort of unified front where all self identifying Christians and all Christian Churches agree on everything. This is far from the actual case. There might even be some Christians with whom Arie would agree, if not completely, then perhaps much more so than he appears to with your particular 'brand' of Christianity. Many Christians might agree that his view on that (cursing children) is more Christian than yours.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

True, that was a rather broad statement on my part. I should have worded that a little better. Christianity is comprised of many denominations that have many different understandings of doctrine that they often disagree on. Even Catholicism has many variations.

Arie seems most irritated with creationists persistence in a belief system that is entirely illogical to him especially considering the overwhelming evidence out there refuting the creationist position. From what I know about Arie I get the impression that he does not subscribe to any particular Christian denomination that happens to accept evolution or that criticizes what Elisha did in cursing those children. There may be some denominations like that out there, but I am not aware of any. Arie can correct me if I am wrong.
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site

Thanks
    Blog Entries

James, I do not subscribe to any institution or group that claims unprovable 'truths'. Unprovable statements are made both by religious and non-religious groups. So I'm not a 'believer'. I'm not an atheist either, at least, if we define atheism as denying things that can neither be proven to be true nor proven to be false.

Fundamental science has its limits since what it examines has no boundaries in space or time. (Even if we were able to find out what exactly caused the Bing Bang, we wouldn't know what was before it, and even if we did know, we wouldn't know what was before that etc.).

Science has its limits because man has his limits. Therefore, the only answer to the question about what exists outside the range of the 'knowledgeable' is: 'I don't know'. At least, that's what I think.

So why am I irritated with creationism? Not only because it's a set of dogmas instead of science, but also because it 'concretizes the unknown' and degrades it to something so simple that it looses all of its majestic grandeur.

That being said, I'm considering to soften the 'tone' of certain pages of my site. An irritated voice is not sympathetic and doesn't really sound convincing.

(Posted just before I will be 'disconnected' for a couple of days).
    Last edited by molendijk; 04-08-2013 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Adding a link