Advanced Search

Thread: :: All Levels Navigational Menu (v3.02) - ipad bug?

Thanks

Exclamation :: All Levels Navigational Menu (v3.02) - ipad bug?

Hi,

I have a developer who has used the above script and wrapped it into a Joomla plugin so that you can use it within a Joomla article.

It all works fine on a PC but when using the menu on a tablet there is a minor issue which I think could be changed from a tweak in the javascript code.. but nor myself or the php developer knows how to fix it.

Please see if you have a tablet at the following address:

http://seims-dlr.co.uk/index.php/201...14-14-35/b2007

username: temp
    password: temp

Basically when viewing the page on the iPad and I click into one of the menu items e.g 'AIR' and I cannot seem to click out onto any other item/navigation on the page e.g. Rolling Stock in main navigation unless I refresh the page?

However, as I've been playing around with menus on the ipad I have discovered that clicking backward through your options enables you to click out of the menu and onto another.

If you follow this on the ipad it works fine:

Click AIR
    Click AIR DRYERS
    Click CANNISTERS (which is now highlighted in blue)

(At this stage I cannot click outside of the menu)

BUT! if I go back and

and then Click a GREY Part of the Menu Bar or just click an item in the top line menu that has no red arrow- I can now click elsewhere on the page ...

Does that make sense?

I have a deadline to finish the site this week so any help would be much appreciated. you can PM me if you like and I'm happy to provide administrator rights to the site if it will help.

Many thanks in advance,

Caroline

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hi Caroline:
    Hmm it seems to work fine for me on the iPad (Safari). So I click on "Air -> Air Dryers -> Canisters". The menu closes, and the page navigates to "#" (URL change). I'm using an iPad 3 if it means anything...
    DD Admin

Thanks

Attachment 4990
    Quote Originally Posted by ddadmin View Post
    Hi Caroline:
    Hmm it seems to work fine for me on the iPad (Safari). So I click on "Air -> Air Dryers -> Canisters". The menu closes, and the page navigates to "#" (URL change). I'm using an iPad 3 if it means anything...
    Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.. I am also using the iPad 3, and yes if I click on Cannisters it does redirect to the URL, but if I don't click cannisters but the menu is open and just try and click out onto white space on the page or Navigation at the top of the menu it doesn't let me.. I can't simply exit the menu unClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ipad view.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	4991less clicking on it...

( see attached pic)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ah I see what you're referring to now. Try the below modified .js file- it adds closing of any open sub menus when the user taps anywhere outside the menu. The update has also been added to the official version of the script (v 3.03).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    DD Admin

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ddadmin For This Useful Post:

carolineleonard (03-26-2013)

Thanks

Thumbs up All Levels Navigational Menu (v3.02) - ipad bug?

Quote Originally Posted by ddadmin View Post
    Ah I see what you're referring to now. Try the below modified .js file- it adds closing of any open sub menus when the user taps anywhere outside the menu. The update has also been added to the official version of the script (v 3.03).
    Fantastic fixed! Thank you, greatly appreciated!

Thanks

i seem to be having a similar issue. Have uploaded a test page with new js file, but on Iphone and I assume ipad the menus work once, but then appear to the left outside the viewing area. Any thoughts? The menus work fine Safari on non-mobile devices.
    http://www.townofkillingworth.com/of...ecreation.html

Also, when I view the demos on iphone, the same thing happens on second opening of menu

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hmm on my iPod touch 4g the menu seems to work fine- clicking on the menu headers multiple times correctly brings up the sub menus each time (to the right of the header).
    DD Admin

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Seems to be working fine for me too - iPhone 4S
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks
    Blog Entries

While I'm thinking about it ddadmin (and I hope I'm ok to query it in this thread, but if not, I'll happily start a new one), I understand that the hover is replaced with a click event on iPad/iPhone, but what if the parent menu button with sub-menu items, is itself also linked?

I only noticed this just now but if you try to click the "Features" or "Updates Log" buttons here: http://fast-edit.co.uk/ while on iPad/iPhone, the sub-menus are triggered but I can't navigate to the actual page via the menu unless I do a long-press on the parent button.
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks

Hi Beverley,

I am having this issue now on the ipad, I can't actually now navigate to the page unless I hold it down and open in new window.

Any suggestions how to resolve this? Would it not just be a similar function to my main navigation menu as when hit once it opens up sub menus but if I click the top level again whilst these are open it directs me to the relevant page??

www.seims-dlr.co.uk
    login- temp
    pass - temp

Thanks,
    Caroline