Thread: Chronoform v4 component for Joomla v3

Thanks

Default Chronoform v4 component for Joomla v3

Hi,

I am a newbee in web site building. I am using Joomla 3.0 and a component named 'Chronoform' for my site. The component seems very easy to work and understand. But, still I am facing many problems to work with that. Specially for the coding part and database interaction with this component.

I am not sure, is this forum right for this topic or might can help me on this. I am just posting, if anyone here may expert to help me out.

Thanking you in advance.

Raihan

Thanks
    Blog Entries

This will probably be a better place to seek help: http://www.chronoengine.com/forums/

The developers site has a very active forum and they will be better suited to answer your questions. They'll be able to give specific help rather than make general suggestions as we would here.
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks

Thanx for reply, Beverleyh.
    Yeah, I know. I am also an active user of that forum. But, They don't guide step-by-step, as I got help from this forum for my other post. The way they answer, actually I would say for the advanced users, not for the newbee like me. Also, they take much time to reply, so I have to keep waiting for a long time.
    I am looking somebody, who might can guide me nicely step-by-step, if possible - as I am totally new in the field of web site building.
    Thanking you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The following would need to be assumed for anyone here to successfully help you with your problem;

A) the person offering you help would need to use and be familiar with Joomla, and the same version you're using
    B) they would also need to have that specific component in use and be familiar with its setup, installation and any possible bugs
    C) that they would know enough about php (the php language as well as the functions and hooks used with Joomla and the Chromoform component), databases and different web host operating systems/configurations to foresee problems and offer solutions for a variety of setup combinations
    D) that they are active members of DD and are willing/have time to provide a walkthough

As you can probably surmise, there is a very slim chance that anybody here would meet all of the criteria above. DD members/moderators can offer general coding advice, and more specific help for the scripts available via this website, but bringing so many specifics in to the mix with regard to another developer's software platform and add-ons is unlikely to give you the results you desire.

The best place to ask for help really is the Chronoform developers site. Their members may be a bit lacking on point D but the developers there can certainly meet points A, B, and C.

I hope that somebody here IS able to help you, but being realistic, I don't think that will be the case.

There is another possibility though. If you're willing to pay somebody for their time (to pull apart the coding and inner workings of Joomla and the component you're using to get it to work on your behalf) you could try posting this request as a paid job in the paid help forum. It would be a bigger commitment both to you and a (general) developer here, but if timing is important and you can't wait to see what the source developer site gets back to you with, it might be an option to consider.
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beverleyh For This Useful Post:

raihan (03-09-2013)

Thanks

I got your points and thanking you for your reply. I will be in touch with you, and I will think of as you suggest me.Thanking you again. Raihan