Thread: Is It Possible to have my cart page to float over an other page?

Thanks

Lightbulb Is It Possible to have my cart page to float over an other page?

Hi,

Is It Possible to have my product/cart page to float over an other page? I have a page for bookings and payments and my bookings page floats which looks the biz and I would want the payments of those bookings to float also.

Please take a look at the page and see what you think:

globalglam.co.uk/payment&bookings.php

I would prefer to make my own bookings pages (similar to the company that I am using at the moment) but If I was able to some how integrate the bookings and payment where as at the moment they are separate any idea on how to improve this? At the moment the books & payments page is a ruff plan!

globalglam.co.uk/payment&bookings.php

Many thanks for your help and guidance,

Travis
    Last edited by Travlast; 02-26-2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It looks like you're trying to use FancyBox but pulling the scripts via 3rd party staging site?

Here are the official FancyBox scripts: http://www.fancyapps.com/fancybox/ Its going to be easier to work with them if you download and host them yourself.

If I were you, I'd take a look at the examples and standalone demo there and then setup your page the way they have it. If needs be, try stripping everything on your own web page back and rebuild it slowly around the FancyBox scripts, once you have those working.

Additionally, I dont know if its affecting things but you also link to jQuery and FancyBox scripts twice each, so the alternate order as they appear down the page/markup are probably causing initialisation conflicts. Only include both of those once but structure the scripts like the official FancyBox examples to keep yourself on the right track.
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beverleyh For This Useful Post:

Travlast (03-01-2013)

Thanks

Hi,

You mentioned that I link to jQuery and FancyBox scripts be on my site twice? Not sure what to look for or where? I know that I use one bookings link to link to my bookings and payments page and on there I have the actual bookings jQuery I believe, may be it because I only copied the code for the button and link it to my own page do you think? I ask them to send the image of the bookings button and link from that instead!!

I think that should work thanks.

As for making that float page, do you think a novice like my self could do it and how difficult is it and how long would it take?

Thanks,

Travis

Thanks
    Blog Entries

To answer your first question, if you look at the code/markup for that web page, round about where the links to the booking form appear, lower down in the body section, there are 4 links the external JavaScript files - 2 for jQuery and 2 for Fancybox. A link to an external JavaScript file looks something like this;
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.website.com/path/to/javascript.js"></script>
    sorry I can't give you those specific lines as they appear in *your* page markup but I'm on iPhone so I'm working from memory (i remember there being reference to a staging site in their paths).

For your second question - yes, the floating page is extremely easy to setup using the Fancybox script (which is a plugin for jQuery). Just go to the developers site here: http://www.fancyapps.com/fancybox/ and follow the setup instructions. The download pack there will contain everything you need.
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Beverleyh For This Useful Post:

Travlast (03-03-2013)