Thread: "expand" button of expandableticker script not working on master page.

Thanks

Angry "expand" button of expandableticker script not working on master page.

1) Script Title: Expandable Drop Down Ticker

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ableticker.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hi Folks. This script seems to work fine in a "basic" HTML page. However on my site I am attempting to use it within a "master" page. The issue I am having is that the script works properly EXCEPT that the "expand" image / button are not present. (neither the image nor the button "area") are on the page.

I have made sure that all the relevant files.. .css, .js and .jpg for expandticker are in the root of the website along with the Master page, to no avail.

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions. The website is www.notjusthotair.com ... the ticker is on the main page, left side, and will be up shortly (within an hour from now 16:18 EST Sunday Feb 24. Guess I can live with it for the moment as it functinos without the drop down selection, but would really like to have that part functional.

Best regards, Dave Melnyk

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Did you include the page containing the ticker with Ajax? That might explain it. Scripts used on pages that are included via Ajax won't work.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Also, try using an absolute path to your expand image? That's the full URL with the http:// part at the beginning
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. The ticker is actually part of the master page itself as it provides a "latest news" feed. There are other javascripts also running on the master page with no difficulties, and the script does work, EXCEPT for the expand button.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't see the Expandable Ticker script up on the page you posted yet...
    DD Admin

Thanks

Default Problem has been determined - bad z-index on outer shell DIV

Hi sorry about not getting the script up on the site. Had a few client emergencies that cropped up and had to be dealt with. I have located the problem ... a z-index setting in an outer shell DIV was causing the issue. Had to start completely rebuildng the master page to find the issue, fortunately found relatively quickly.

I would like to thank all who took time to reply and / or think about the issue.

Best regards, Dave Melnyk