Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cursor effects

Thanks

When I used the script posted on an external host main menu disappeared. So I embed in a web page script in the form from first post on this topic.
    Currently I have two pages with a script placed in the same way:
    - The first was made last year and there is a visible effect.
    - I made a second on 02-14-2013, but the effect is not visible.
    Excuse my bad English. Thanks for trying to help me
    Last edited by balki; 02-17-2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: placed links

Thanks

Okay,I don't know why you have decided to put the script in the html file instead of using the link to the file as you had before.(I am refering to this file which you originally used-
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.souhssz.setra.icnhost.net/p/heart.js">)

The red file is the easy way to go.Sometimes when you cut and paste a javascript file a break in the script can somehow prevent it from working.I usually have a hard time to find the problem.

You have the easy way to go to fix it.instead of using that whole script written out in your file use the red part in the header and it works fine.I took your file and put it in the head and left the other script in there knowing it does not work.

Here is the working file with that script in the head but without it written in the file the long way.http://www.web-user.info/test/cursor/question2.html

I hope I did not confuse you more?
    Thanks,

Bud

Thanks

But when I use this way (<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.souhssz.setra.icnhost.net/p/heart.js">) my main menu disappears, this was the initial problem.
    Furthermore, I explained that I have not access to the <head> part and that only on this site the script doesn't work correctly.
    Last edited by balki; 02-18-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Thanks

So you can't edit the page?
    Thanks,

Bud

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I hope you don't mind me asking balki, but are you using a public 3rd party website service?

Or has your web developer provided an interface with very limited access (can you ask them to maybe make alterations on your behalf)?

It sounds like you don't have full access to your entire website (pages or structure) which will make some customisations virtually impossible.

If you can clarify to what extent you do and don't have access, it would help us out a lot.
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Beverleyh For This Useful Post:

balki (02-18-2013)

Thanks

Yes Beverleyh, you're right about everything I using a public 3rd party website service. I have an option "embed code" and access to CSS, but no option for more rights. With "embed code" button I'm embedding a different functions requiring placing in <head> part, so I have control, although not a full.
    Riddle in the case is that the same script, set in the same way, places of the two different pages works only on one page published last year.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    Well, that explains the problem. I have no rights to write in the head part.
    Furthermore, I explained that I have not access to the <head> part
    With "embed code" button I'm embedding a different functions requiring placing in <head> part, so I have control, although not a full.
    This is very confusing. You first said that you can't edit the head section (twice) but then you said you can?

As I said in my previous post, if you cant edit the head section, you wont be able to do some customisations. I believe the solution has already been provided, but if you are unable to use it, then you're pretty stuck. Maybe this is a time to consider moving to another service or making a website yourself (you can download free templates to help with design or a fast turn around) on a web host that will allow you full and complete control of all your code.

I'm sorry if that's not the news you want to hear but I imagine that the majority of active members here are more used to working on and developing websites where we have full backend access, with minimal restrictions, so it is very difficult to offer help when the other party uses a heavily restricted service provider.
    Last edited by Beverleyh; 02-19-2013 at 05:57 AM.
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks

Let me explain. I can't see the HTML document in its full form, eg:
    HTML Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    </headl>
    <body>
    </body>
    </html>
    but I have a button whose content is interpreted as being in <head> part.
    I have implemented features, which can work only in <head> placement, but as I wrote above same script I realized on one page and wondering, why not working on another.

Thanks

Take this page http://www.souhssz.com/tjestova/question/ and remove the script you put in it.There is something wrong with it(spaces or something else)

Then go to the other page http://www.souhssz.com/tjestova/jefjekt-srchitsa/ and copy the script you inserted.Then go back to the 'question page and paste it in where you had it in the first page.

Hopefully there will be no issue and it will work.

The only reason it does not work on that page is that something is wrong with the script and it is not firing(working).It should work but I did not look to see if there is part missing or messed up.
    Thanks,

Bud

Thanks

I know that placing script in Notepad change the type of quotes and "breaks" script. I have not made that mistake.
    Now I pay attention to continuous loading of the page and will ask support if the problem is not with them.
    Thanks for the help! I would write here if I get news.