Thread: I need help creating a photo gallery on my website

Thanks

Default I need help creating a photo gallery on my website

Hi everyone and thanks for reading.

I am very new and inexperienced with building websites. I found a template online that I liked and with a little bit of help I was able to make some changes to make it look more like what I wanted.

I am using this template, and have so far turned it into my website.

What I am looking to to is have a list of thumbnails on the right 'side bar', where it currently says 'More Jen Bakes Cakes', and when clicked on or hovered over have the enlarged image on the left side. My current pages for the galleries do not have the top image, so it can take up that entire space if necessary.

I did some searching, and like the way this gallery is setup, but would rather the thumbnails be two wide.

I understand a very tiny amount of coding - the program that I am using lets me see things in a few different formats so I am understanding a bit more the more I do, but by no means do I know what I'm doing! It's all trial and error at this point.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!
    Jen

Thanks

You can easily get the code for that script but "STU" his rules:

Copyright

Because of all the time and effort spent in producing this demonstration
    I would ask that you respect my copyright.

1- If you are using this on a personal web site then please add a link back to CSSplay and retain any copyright comment in the stylesheet.
    A donation to the 'Support CSSplay' fund would be appreciated.
    2- If you are using this on a commercial web site, or as a paying job for a client, then please email me asking for permission - stu{at}cssplay.co.uk and in this case a donation to the 'Support CSSplay' fund is required.
    3- If you are having problems integrating any of my demonstrations into your website then I now offer a service to fault find and correct any errors that you may have introduced. Please email me for more information.

You are required by Stu ,to follow which ever situation you fall into.
    Thanks,

Bud

Thanks

I did see those rules. I'm not necessarily looking for his gallery... something like it. Because its for business, I would rather not pay - I don't have expendable money right now. Just seeing if anyone might have come across a similar style.

Thanks

Since it's your personal commercial website, my guess is that he'd be reasonable about it. After all, it doesn't say the donation amount. Why not just ask? A lot of the time paying a small amount can be simpler than trying to find a workaround.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

I did look into it more, and you're right any donation would work.

Reading my original question, I don't think I made it clear what I was really asking. With the way my template is laid out, can I put code for the thumbnails in the <div id="sidebar"> on the right and have the full side image display on the left within the <div id="wrapper" class="container"> <div id="page"> <div id="content"> coding? I hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by jenbakes; 02-10-2013 at 11:20 PM. Reason: grammar