Advanced Search

Thread: Windows based software.

Thanks

Default Windows based software.

Hi -

we are a small php programming firm and are wondering how softwares for windows are done?? i mean we have a online php software which user's can install on their website... kind of a plugin for wordpress and we are trying to do a small windows utility that would connect to the website and fetch data.

Any tips on where/how to get started?? i really have no idea what language these are done in and how these are build up?

thanks

Thanks

There should be plenty of resources online.

PHP is run on a webserver, and it's interpreted at runtime. A "real" program is compiled (into machine code, from the source code), not run from the raw code.

The most common languages for writing software are C++ and Java. There are others.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

yes... i did had a felling and this is something to be done in C++... i am sure it will be much easier for us to hire someone to do this instead or learning C++ myself.

Thanks

Are there any Macros or something else avaliable... so we don't have to start from scratch... if we plan on moving forward.

Thanks!

Thanks

There are a huge number of resources for everything about making programs. I don't know about "macros" (since they would only exist within some other program), but there will be plenty of resources available such as tutorials or example code, and some template-style code as well, such as basic routines.

By the way, although it's not usually the best way to go, it is possible to compile PHP into an EXE.
    I've used this and it works:
    http://www.bambalam.se/bamcompile/
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

6. The Following User Says Thank You to djr33 For This Useful Post:

chetanmadaan (02-05-2013)

Thanks

Thank you... DD always rocks!

Thanks

I couldn't understand what the problem is.

Edit: mod's note

I've left your post here in case you really do wish to contribute to the conversation.

If not, please keep this in mind and be polite in your next post.
    Last edited by traq; 04-08-2013 at 02:36 PM. Reason: please be polite on the forums

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cris_fl View Post
    I couldn't understand what the problem is.

Edit: mod's note

I've left your post here in case you really do wish to contribute to the conversation.

If not, please keep this in mind and be polite in your next post.
    Hi, being a software firm doesn't mean that we are to use all our resources for our own needs

Thanks

Given that this discussion doesn't seem to be going anywhere (honestly this isn't a forum where we can help too much with non-web-based programming), I think I'm going to the thread. There have been a few spam posts here as well, so that'll stop them from accumulating. If you have more questions, feel free to start a new thread.