Thread: How to get CSS Liquid Layout #3.1 and CSS vertical Accordian menu working together?

Thanks

Default How to get CSS Liquid Layout #3.1 and CSS vertical Accordian menu working together?

Hi all.

I'm a noob here so please go easy on me. LOL

I have searched the forums, but cannot find the solution i am looking for. May be i'm not using the correct search words??

Anyway, i am looking to create a small basic knowledge base for myself, which would be used locally on my pc.

I was looking at using html frames, with 3 columns, left column for menu (vertical css accordian menu), middle frame for actual content and right frame for additional information. I have been tweeking/messing around with html frames, but i then stumbled upon the CSS Liquid Layout #3.1- (Fixed-Fluid-Fixed) or CSS Left and Right Frames Layout.
    They both seem to be exactly what i am looking for with regards to the actual layout. And i also found a suitable vertical menu (http://www.menucool.com/vertical/accordion-menu-css). I could not find this type of vertical menu on Dynamic Drive.

However, what i want to know is, how would i install this vertical menu into the left hand column of either the CSS Liquid Layout or CSS Left and Right Frames Layout?
    Once the vertical menu is successfully installed, i would then set the links to target the middle frame of the CSS Liquid Layout or CSS Left and Right Frames Layout.

Any help would be greatly appreciated please.

Once again, apologies if my question has already been asked. Just could not find it.

Happy Christmas and New Year.

TheCaller

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The menu link you provided requires payment and licensing so presumably you would get a full demo + license + installation instructions on receipt of money? Have you contacted the developer to ask how it would come to you or if it would actually work locally? (It might not)

Maybe this DD Accordion Menu would be suitable? http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ordionmenu.htm
    Installation is made super-simple with the step-by-step instruction provided in the demo pages.

Hope that helps
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beverleyh View Post
    The menu link you provided requires payment and licensing so presumably you would get a full demo + license + installation instructions on receipt of money? Have you contacted the developer to ask how it would come to you or if it would actually work locally? (It might not)

Maybe this DD Accordion Menu would be suitable? http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ordionmenu.htm
    Installation is made super-simple with the step-by-step instruction provided in the demo pages.

Hope that helps
    Hi BeverleyH.

Much appreciated for your reply and the link to the accordian link. I think i will take one of these.

How would i install an accordian menu into the css layout i described earlier please?

Thank you.

The Caller

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Is that one of the layouts from the DD templates library? (A quick link would be fab to help clarify)

If you could provide the link to your chosen fluid layout and also the link to your chosen accordion menu, it will make an installation walk-through much easier.
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org