Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.5) want to display as dropline side by side

Thanks

Default Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.5) want to display as dropline side by side

1) Script Title: Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.5)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...smoothmenu.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hi I am using the above menu and it is working fine.

I just want to change the drop down menu in to dropline like in horizontal side by side way not in verticle was for both 2nd and 3rd level dropdown.

Any idea how can we achieve that.

Any help shall be really appreciated.

Thanks

Thread also referred to by original poster: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...nu-%28v1-51%29
    Last edited by james438; 12-29-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: reformatted for readability

Thanks

or if any help to make this menu on click instead of hover.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/cs...rop_line_menu/

will really appreciated.

Thanks

I am trying css changes to float left but it is not working.
    Last edited by james438; 12-29-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: merged posts from another thread.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Please refrain from posting multiple times about the same issue - 5 times in a few hours is rather excessive.

Have you tried getting the buttons in a horizontal line by targetting the li elements in the CSS and setting them all to "display:inline;"?

Please post a link to your website if you need more help.
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks

Hi, I deleted all of the duplicate posts. Beverly is correct here. Please limit your questions to just one post in one thread or as few posts as needed to get your point across. When you post multiple times moderators tend to think that it is spam. Posting your question just once also helps to keep things organized and it is easier for members to help you with your problem.
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site

Thanks

Hi Sorry for the multiple time post actually when I post It didnt show in the thread it is posted so I posted again and after displaying in the post I dint know where to delete it.

sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks

No worries. I figured it was probably something like that, but in case it was something else it was a good idea to let you know lest someone else get the wrong idea

Other than that welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay and get the help you are looking for.
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site

Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 Times in 3,157 Posts
    Blog Entries

OK, I worked it out using the jQuery Drop Line Menu. Use this modified version of the droplinemenu.js script (right click and 'Save As'):

droplinemenu.js

Just remember that unlike the hover version of the jQuery Drop Line Menu, the header LI A tags (those are the ones that get the little arrows) cannot be linked outside the page because you cannot click to open a drop line and navigate to another page at the same time. In fact, the way this modified version is written you should make all of the header LI A tags have an href of "#".

A header LI tag opens a drop line, so not only can it be identified by the little arrow it gets when the page is read, it also can be identified by the fact that it has a UL tag as a child just after its A tag.

Any questions, just let me know. But if you want more help, please include a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thank a lot John,

Your code realy help it works fine, I have some more quries I will ask after posting the link my FTP is not working now.

but Thanks again you are great and A very very happy new year to you.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi John,

Thank you very much for you help the code is working fine I m unable to upload it to any publish site for your review.

I need some more help.

This menu now working on click as desired now I want to apply css style on it.

I want different background image for second level and another differe background image for third level.

same like http://www.peugeot.co.uk/new-cars/

I am trying in the dropline css file but when I apply on second level menu it applies on third level as well.

Any Idea how can we apply different background on different levels.

Also can we make it same like my above example link like 2nd level and 3rd level menu start from the center of the page instead of the top main link left side.

Any help shall be really apreciated.

Thanks

Thanks

Default Here is my example link

Hi John

Here is my example link.

http://www.me-press.com/menu/menu.html

Also I am trying to make the active link highlighted through CSS not successed any idea how we can have the active link highlighted, if we are on 3rd level the first and second level menu should highlighed so we know how where we are in the navigation?

Please check.

Thanks
    Last edited by jqdesigner; 01-06-2013 at 11:33 AM.