Thread: Looking for Menu script - 2 levels - 1st and 2nd level stays displayed

Thanks

Default Looking for Menu script - 2 levels - 1st and 2nd level stays displayed

Dear All,

I have been using the Dynamic Drive script All Levels Navigational Menu for some time, but I would like something which always shows where you are in the menus. What I mean by that is that the currently selected 2nd level menu should display horizontally underneath the 1st level and it should be possible to mark both the 1st level and 2nd level so you know where you are in the menu structure. An example of what I am looking for is on the BBC News Website. In this example, the 1st level menu is in black and the 2nd level in grey, and you know you have opened the "Business" item in the 1st level as it is also grey. In the BBC example, you don't get a drop down menu as you move the cursor over the 1st level menus. I would like to have that option as well as some kind of marking on the 2nd level so you know where you are. I am looking for a combination of drop-down menus as well as these 2 level displays once the item in the 2nd level has been selected. For me, this has the big advantage of removing any need for having a breadcrumb trail on the page to show where you are in the website.

Regards
    John Russell

Thanks
    Blog Entries

"Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The menu on this site has what you want. It can easily be customized. Click on DHTML --> FreeStyle Menus.
    Arie.