Advanced Search

Thread: DDSmoothMenu and ASP.Net

Thanks

Default DDSmoothMenu and ASP.Net

I'm coding a ASP.Net web site (using VS2012), and my browser is FF17.0.1 and IE9. (using jquery 1.8.3, jquery-ui 1.9.2, and modernizer 2.6.2)

I tried implementing the multi-level ddsmoothmenu in a master page, and the top-level menu shows up, but the drop downs don't display. To see if it was something I was doing wrong, I created a plain HTML page, and copy/pasted my menu div to it (as well as all of the appropriate script/css elements), and it worked fine.

When I run the ASP.Net page under FF, I get no errors, but when I run it under IE9, i get an alert dialog that says ddsmoothmenu is not defined and it stops on the script that calls dssmoothmenu.init().

Got any hints for me regarding the use of DDSmoothMenu in an ASP.Net web page?

EDIT ==================

Script link - http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...smoothmenu.htm

Site is not available to the public because it's meant to replace my existing site, and it simply isn't ready (mostly because of this menu thing). I do not intend on replacing my current site until this one is ready to deploy. I simply want to know if there's something special I have to do for an ASP.Net web page because it's working unless I put it into a plain HTML page.
    Last edited by jsimmons; 12-13-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread for the proper posting format when asking a question.
    Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.
    We Only Torture the Folks We Don't Like (You're Probably Gonna Be Okay)
    It's a Party in the CIA

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by traq View Post
    Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread for the proper posting format when asking a question.
    Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.
    Seriously? Saying "ddsmoothmenu" wasn't enough? My original post has been edited.

Thanks

Yes, seriously. It's in the rules, in the template for posting, and not really that much to ask. We understand what you mean when you just say the script title, but if you're asking for help, then it's reasonable that you'd be the one to to through the effort of linking to the script rather than expecting us to do so while helping you.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks for your edit.

As Daniel says, yes, seriously. Obviously, you know which script you're talking about, but I don't have every DD script memorized. Aside from being "the rule," I think it's entirely reasonable to ask you to point at the one you're talking about.

If I understand correctly, the script is working on a normal HTML page, but not on your ASP.NET page? I'm afraid I don't have much experience there, but my first thought would be that something is being output differently than you intend. Have you checked the output HTML markup? There may also be some others here on DD with more ASP knowledge with me. Either way, a "live" page (even if it's just a "demo" page) would still be very helpful in trying to diagnose your problem.
    We Only Torture the Folks We Don't Like (You're Probably Gonna Be Okay)
    It's a Party in the CIA