Thread: character in rss feeds for rsspausescroller?

Thanks

Default character in rss feeds for rsspausescroller?

hey guys. i added this script to my web site. i like the functionality, except the only problem is parts of my rss feed get characters like

i believe this is an encoding issue but can't seem to resove it. i notice there is some code in the lastRSS.php file for encoding i'm not having much luck.

the rss feed i'm trying to obtain is: http://www.cnbc.com/id/17588138/device/rss/rss.xml

the encoding on my web page is: charset=utf-8 but i've also tried harset=iso-8859-1

both of which still give me characters like that above.

anyone have any idea?

thanks in advance.

Thanks

bump.

still can't figure this out. anyone experiencing the same problem and found a solution?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I know this is an old thread but it came up on a Google search while I was looking for a similar solution for another RSS character fix.

I offer this very delayed reply in the hope that it might help others.

On this particular script you can change the encoding in the "bridge.php" file from "ISO-8859-1" to "UTF-8", in this line here;
    Code:
    echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"ISO-8859-1\"?>\n<rss version=\"2.0\">\n<channel>\n";
    Better late than never
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org