Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Radio firsts for Christmas 2012 - songs of the season

Thanks

I don't listen to the radio much, so I can't really comment on that. But I have noticed that it's the season to have uncreative episodes of every TV show, first with a Thanksgiving episode then a Christmas episode, and often both include Christmas songs.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

trans-siberian orchestra :: carol of the bells

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Like Daniel, I don't listen to the radio very often. And I don't like to watch TV either.
    Also, I can't help not liking this part of the year. It's dark, it's cold, people close their doors and stay inside, I often catch a cold in december, everybody all of a sudden starts to believe in things / start to do things that they don't care about during the rest of the year...
    Of course, I don't blame anyone who has special feeling about Christmas. (I almost wish I had them myself; but I hate the bells).
    I'm more of a springtime kind of person. In the spring the light comes back, the days are longer, there's renewal of life and a long summer ahead.
    I'm not complaining, though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Don't get me wrong - it's not like I have mushy feelings about Xmas but i do look forward to it because for my family it provides a few weeks of brightness amidst several difficult years. I like all seasons though.

Carol of the bells is one of my faves
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Beverleyh, I don't know of course what bad luck struck your family, but I sincerely hope you and your family will have a happy Xmas time.
    Arie.

Thanks

The time of the year is nice in real life. (But it's not all that entertaining on TV, I must say. Yet considering that, the Big Bang Theory did a good job if they had to do an xmas episode.)
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure about other shows, but the last episode of Red Dwarf series X was excellent.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

Was that an xmas episode? I'm not saying all TV is bad at the moment, just the specific xmas/thanksgiving episodes that are for some reason so popular (does anyone actually like them?).

Thanks
    Blog Entries

No it wasn't, so fair enough.
    I think the guys bringing in the cash like them.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

Cash? Perhaps-- my theory is that it's a lazy way for the writers to not actually write an episode-- the holidays are a pre-written formulaic plot just waiting for a camera