Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any ideas on where I can submit my code after the shivering 21th of December 2012?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Any ideas on where I can submit my code after the shivering 21th of December 2012?

Where the h... should I submit my code after 21 Dec. 2012 (Liszt: Dante Symphony - First Part (Inferno), Maurice Abravanal, Utah Symph. Orch.)?
    Arie.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 3,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you're talking about the predicted end of the world, the Mayans have said that DD will be spared, so you can continue submitting it here.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

What John says is true, I have a previously unshown picture here concurring:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mayan_Calendar.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	4844
    If you look carefully at the top you can just see it.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks

I'm of the opinion that they just ran out of paper, so to speak (stone tablets, I suppose).
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

6. The Following User Says Thank You to djr33 For This Useful Post:

Beverleyh (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Sorry Dan, I managed to give you a "thanks" while trying to resize the screen on iPhone. Doh!

Im going to leave it there though - Lets call it a "thanks for being you" thanks for always being around.
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, the Aztecs of all people should have thought we would know, that when you finish one calendar, you start the next one.
    Last edited by bernie1227; 12-10-2012 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Successfully spelt aztec wrong.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

Indeed. Why plan for dates more than 500 years in the future? They reached the end of the stone tablet and figured someone in the future would work it out.
    (And of course, due to invasions and other problems due to history, they probably haven't gotten around to writing another one. It's sort of ironic then that the Europeans, now Americans, are worried about the future they (didn't) predict... hmm....)
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Just a thought, (approx. 7 hours and 39.6 minutes untill the end of the world), even if we survive this, (I'm pinning my hopes on the fact that there is extraordinarily little basis on which to say we're all going to die) , we've still got y3.8k to go! That's 3 "end of the worlds" this century by only 2040.
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 3,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

As far as the Mayan world goes, I'd say their clock was a bit slow, their world ended long ago.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate