Thread: My bit of randomness for the night - gewgle.com

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default My bit of randomness for the night - gewgle.com

I just discovered www.gewgle.com
    Why would google bother to purchase that domain name? Because it sounds so similar to google?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 Times in 3,157 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why don't you Gewgle it dude?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

If you intentionally misspell google.com you'll find either:
    1) Advertising domains just hoping to get a few hits from google typos (there are a lot if you think about how many millions/billions of hits google gets); or
    2) Domains google has bought to prevent this, because it's annoying.

I'm sure that's what's happening here.

Alternatively, because that's a somewhat implausible typo, it may also be to protect their name against similar sites-- they don't want someone else creating a website called "Gewgle Search Engine".

There have been a few non-Google Google-related sites that have had issues. One is Yahoogle, but that appears to be completely offline now.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I know there was originally a site with that domain, but I believe it was related to dragons, not search engines.
    I was curious why they would do it...

From what you said Daniel, I'd say it's just them protecting their turf by buying all the names that sound similar...

Curiouser and curiouser...

P.s. John - what?
    P.p.s What's happend to the skype button? It's gone and been replaced with "Send a message via Skype to keyboard1333"

Thanks
    Blog Entries

why not gooogle it?
    Registered google domains:
    gogle.com google.com gooogle.com goooogle.com gooooogle.com goooooogle.com gooooooogle.com goooooooogle.com gooooooooogle.com goooooooooogle.com gooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks

Haha, that's hilarious, although I don't know why.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bernie1227 View Post
    gogle.com google.com gooogle.com goooogle.com gooooogle.com goooooogle.com gooooooogle.com goooooooogle.com gooooooooogle.com goooooooooogle.com gooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com
    that's freakin' cool.

Thanks
    Blog Entries