Thread: Issue with Dynamic-FX Slide-In Menu (v 6.5)

Thanks

Arrow Issue with Dynamic-FX Slide-In Menu (v 6.5)

I'd like to preface my thread by saying that I know little of your forum's rules and after skimming to see if this issue had been addressed, I figured it best to just post my personal issue here. I'd also like to let you know that I only have moderate HTML skills as far as programming and coding go, so forgive any ignorance I might display here. This particular issue also deals with javascript -- that I downloaded from DD -- and I am an absolute novice with JS. Having said that:

1) Script Title: Dynamic-FX Slide-In Menu (v 6.5)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/davidmenu.htm

3) Link to my personal problem page: http://www.saccommodations.x10.bz/

4) Describe problem: The body tag of my html document contains 'bgcolor=#ffffff' as I want this page to have a white background to match the banner at the top of the page. I added the slide-in menu code into the head tag and uploaded its javascript files and the menu functions perfectly. However, for some reason whenever you open the slide-in menu and mouseover one of the links, the entire background color of the page turns the color of the background color of the links in the slide-in menu. I cannot figure out why this is happening and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!
    -J (Sneem)
    Last edited by Sneem; 12-09-2012 at 04:36 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It's best to use css for things like this, and it even fixes it as well!
    Adjust the body tag to this:
    Code:
    <body style="background-color:#FFFFFF;">
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bernie1227 For This Useful Post:

Sneem (12-09-2012)

Thanks

I'd like to preface my thread by saying that I know little of your forums rules and after skimming to see if this issue had been addressed deemed it best to just post my personal issue here. I'd also like to let you know that I have moderate HTML skills only as far as programming and coding go so forgive any ignorance I may display. This particular issue also deals with javascript that I downloaded from DD and I am an absolute novice with JS. Having said that:

1) Script Title: Dynamic-FX Slide-In Menu (v 6.5)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/davidmenu.htm

3) Link to my personal problem page: http://www.saccommodations.x10.bz/

4) Describe problem: The body tag of my html document contains 'bgcolor=#ffffff' as I want this page to have a white background to match the banner at the top of the page. I added the slide-in menu and its javascript files and the menu functions perfectly. However, for some reason whenever you open the slide-in menu and mouseover one of the links, the entire background color of the page turns the color of the background color of the links in the slide-in menu. I cannot figure out why this is happening and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!
    -J (Sneem)
    Don't know what the heck happened to my original post so I quoted it above.
    Anyway, thanks a lot Bernie; worked like a charm.
    Don't know anything about CSS either, so I don't know why it worked; but at this stage I really don't care. But I really gotta thank you for saving me from a lot of frustration.

Thanks

Sneem, your posts were caught by our automated spam filter. A moderator will approve them once we see them.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I thought that was a bit bazaar how Bernie had managed to reply to a non-existent thread LOL
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks

The original post was edited, causing it to be filtered again. Bernie must have replied before that edit.

EDIT: FYI, the use of #FFFFFF is what made this be filtered by our spam filter. That can be used to change the color of hidden text in spam, so it's automatically filtered out. In this case, it's just part of your code and there's nothing wrong with what you're doing. But for your future posts, please just be aware that if you include that color property then the post will not show up until a moderator has a chance to approve it-- but we usually get to it within a couple hours
    Last edited by djr33; 12-09-2012 at 11:53 PM.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum