Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how i can SAVEAS a web page programmaticaly with html5/js

Thanks

Default how i can SAVEAS a web page programmaticaly with html5/js

how i can SAVEAS a web page programmaticaly with html5/js? If only an image on page it will save image instead?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

What do you mean?

If its an HTML5 web page that you've made, in Notepad or Dreamweaver etc, you just save it on your computer with an htm/html extension. The js can be internal, or if its an external file, save it with the js extension.

If you want to save/download a live HTML5 web page, you go to the browser's tool or options menu and there'll be an option to save the web page. When prompted, choose the option for saving as a 'complete' web page and then it, and all of its resources (external js and images, etc) will be saved to your computer too.

I think IE (9 for sure) will sometimes save the web page with a different DOCTYPE - it will put a transitional one above the HTML5 DOCTYPE - but just edit the saved web page to take the extra one out.

In either case, if the web page has a different DOCTYPE to begin with, you would need to convert it to include HTML5 tags/ HTML5 DOCTYPE
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks

like on file upload there isn't file save dialog? save in client not localStorage a whole page or image or another web page file loaded?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Sorry, I really have no idea what you're talking about

What file upload are you referring to? Is it a file upload feature on your web host? Or are you describing something on your FTP client?

Please try to use complete sentences and explain what you're trying to do from the very beginning. Please state your intentions, what you're trying to accomplish and also software, tools or scripts you're using.
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |

Thanks

I mean like input tag of type file, the dialog appear when browse pressed...

same appear with a event handler but save as dialog (not browse dialog) to save the image or canvas to hdd or mobile ram, well?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Are you referring to a CMS to save updates/changes made to a web page?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

lse123,

You need to explain your questions more clearly.

For example, your original post would seem to indicate that you want to save an entire webpage (and its resources, images, scripts, etc.) to your computer. However, subsequent posts seem to contradict that.

Please describe, specifically, what you're working with and what you want to accomplish. If you can find examples of the functionality you want on other websites, please share those URLs. Situational examples, or even sketches, may help also.

It's "okay" if your question is long, as long as that helps us figure things out.

If you don't mind my asking, is English your native language? If not, there might be someone on the forum that can help you translate. You might also post your question in your native language, alongside English, so we can try to help translate.

Thanks

I have a canvas and I want: pressing a button or link appear the saveas dialog to save this canvas as png without leave page, just like firefox dialog "Save Image As" (right click) menu option, well?

I saw some commands by searching but did not make it...

Code:
        function saveAs(f) { 
          if(typeof document.execCommand == "object") { 
            document.execCommand("SaveAs",true,f); 
          } 
          else { 
            alert("From the File Menu, Select Save As ... to Save.") 
          } 
        }

Thanks

also may save some localStorage data as txt file in PC or mobi device, ...?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lse123 View Post
    I have a canvas and I want: pressing a button or link appear the saveas dialog to save this canvas as png without leave page, just like firefox dialog "Save Image As" (right click) menu option, well?
    This tutorial describes how to do exactly that.

Note that this is the second search result for "save html canvas as png". We are not Google - please do your own research to start with. If you have specific problems making code work, or if you've done your research and can't find anything, we're happy to help.